The Student Room Group

Are Arsenal ready to dominate the Premier League again?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AnharM
You're both wrong. You're forgetting that Arsenal built their own stadium. Arsenal would have gone into debt if they bought players. They had to sell players in order to remain profitable as a club. Now that the stadium is paid for, and they're no longer in debt, they can splash the cash...and where's all that money coming from Zurich? :rolleyes:

From revenue? Or in other words from the likes of me when I buy tickets etc. :biggrin:

Not sure what you're trying to say here realy
Original post by AnharM
Oh, so when Arsenal and Utd were successful back in the days, they generated their own money, and that's how they bought their players and won titles? Is that right? :rolleyes:

They had rich owners. Face the facts. You need to do your research.

Ffs every club in the football league has rich owners otherwise how the **** would they buy the club.

United and Arsenal spend what they generate, Chelsea are tin pot.

I supported Chelsea from 2005.

haha
Reply 42
Original post by Zürich
From revenue? Or in other words from the likes of me when I buy tickets etc. :biggrin:

Not sure what you're trying to say here realy

No Zurich. Match day tickets and TV revenues will financially take care of other things, such as salaries to the players, the staff, the coach, the executives etc. You also have to understand that every football club tries to make a profit every season.

Why are there owners in football? If TV revenues and match day tickets could financially take care of the club, why are there shareholders at Arsenal? They invest in the club by giving money for the transfers.
Reply 43
Original post by Wilfred Little
Ffs every club in the football league has rich owners otherwise how the **** would they buy the club.

United and Arsenal spend what they generate, Chelsea are tin pot.

haha

It's like talking to a wall....

Please, if you're not going to have a serious conversation, don't ever quote me, or even comment on football again.
Original post by AnharM
No Zurich. Match day tickets and TV revenues will financially take care of other things, such as salaries to the players, the staff, the coach, the executives etc. You also have to understand that every football club tries to make a profit every season.

Why are there owners in football? If TV revenues and match day tickets could financially take care of the club, why are there shareholders at Arsenal? They invest in the club by giving money for the transfers.

So the Glazers are personally worse off since they bought Utd through funding transfers?

Not every cub strives to make a profit, far from it.
and 98% of clubs fund themselves from revenue.

Most PL club have wage bills of about 60% of revenue, and the top clubs have revenues in the hundreds of milions. Guess where the transfer kitty comes from? Assuming the tea lady isnt getting the rest :laugh:

And there are owners in football for any number of reasons. Some like Kronke/Glazer see clubs as undervalued assets that they think are worth owning, others like Roman see clubs as play-things. Football Manager in 3d.

As for Arsenal, I think it is absolutely common knowledge that Mr Kronke has not personally paid for so much as a door knob at AFC since taking over, never mind transfers.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AnharM
It's like talking to a wall....

Please, if you're not going to have a serious conversation, don't ever quote me, or even comment on football again.

You've already been told. Man City and Chelsea are successful purely because multi billionaires gave them a bottomless pit of money.

You seem to think having wealthy owners means being bankrolled to the extent your mob is.
Reply 46
You've already been told. Man City and Chelsea are successful purely because multi billionaires gave them a bottomless pit of money.

You seem to think having wealthy owners means being bankrolled to the extent your mob is.

And you've been told that Utd and Arsenal, were bankrolled by their owners back in the days...but I guess you're just ignoring that, aren't you? :rolleyes:
Dominate? Nope. Title contender every season from 2014-15 season onwards? Absolutely.
Original post by AnharM
And you've been told that Utd and Arsenal, were bankrolled by their owners back in the days...but I guess you're just ignoring that, aren't you? :rolleyes:

It's nowhere near the same as what Chelsea have done, you actually tried to make the argument that Arsenal 89-2014 were being funded the same way Chelsea have been post Abramovich.
Hahahahahahhahahahahahaha

omg no

pls

stahp
It's nowhere near the same as what Chelsea have done, you actually tried to make the argument that Arsenal 89-2014 were being funded the same way Chelsea have been post Abramovich.

United were
Reply 51
Original post by Zürich
So the Glazers are personally worse off since they bought Utd through funding transfers?

Not every cub strives to make a profit, far from it.
and 98% of clubs fund themselves from revenue.

Most PL club have wage bills of about 60% of revenue, and the top clubs have revenues in the hundreds of milions. Guess where the transfer kitty comes from? Assuming the tea lady isnt getting the rest :laugh:

And there are owners in football for any number of reasons. Some like Kronke/Glazer see clubs as undervalued assets that they think are worth owning, others like Roman see clubs as play-things. Football Manager in 3d.

As for Arsenal, I think it is absolutely common knowledge that Mr Kronke has not personally paid for so much as a door knob at AFC since taking over, never mind transfers.

All this needs too much research, and I can't be arsed doing that.

At the end of the day, Arsenal were funded by their owners back in the days, so were Utd. They weren't generated by their own success on the pitch. Back in those days, there wasn't much money coming in through revenue.

As for Abramovich, I'm sure he knows that as long as Chelsea remain successful for the next 10 years, Chelsea will make huge profits through broadcasting, match-day and commercial. Chelsea made a profit in 2012, there will be more profit coming in.
Not when players of the calibre of Arteta, Wilshere and Cazorla are starting.
Am I seriously seeing Kroenke & the Glazers being compared to Abramovich?

Dear oh dear.
Original post by sr90

Dear oh dear.

2005 Chelsea fans m8.
Reply 55

No, it goes way back.

Were Arsenal owners back in the days, considered wealthy? Yes.
Did Arsenal spend money on players in order to succeed on the pitch? Yes.

What's the difference between what Abramovich did, and what the Arsenal owners have done over the years? The fact that he spent millions on players easily? Didn't Arsenal spend thousands on players back in those days, when thousands of pounds was considered a lot of money?

No, there is no difference in the way they bought players. The only difference is that when Utd and Arsenal spent a lot of money on their transfers, they didn't receive the world-wide attention that they should have received.

But oh, please do carry on with your ''plastic club'' talk...it's rather entertaining :rolleyes:
2005 Chelsea fans m8.

I'm curious as to how someone born in 1994 knows all about rivals teams finances from before he was even born. Especially since United made a fortune floating the club on the stock market in the early 1990's, not by relying some foreign millionaire.
Reply 57
Original post by sr90

Dear oh dear.

Nope, it's the history of particular clubs like Utd, who spent a lot of money on players back in the days, not through revenue, and so they won titles.

Do you research mate.
Original post by sr90
I'm curious as to how someone born in 1994 knows all about rivals teams finances from before he was even born. Especially since United made a fortune floating the club on the stock market in the early 1990's, not by relying some foreign millionaire.

He knows nothing. Hasn't posted any evidence just seems to think because the owners were wealthy that makes them the same as Chelsea.

He isn't even making the argument that the money was coming directly from the owners pockets.

If Chelsea fail, they just throw another £100m at players, repeat until fade.

Kroenke is rich but is using the club as a cash cow. It was never his intention to be like Roman Abramovich.

Quick Reply

Latest