The Student Room Group

Taking one A level externally

So after my AS exams, I stopped attending English Language classes because I was positive I wouldn't be taking it for next year. However now I've found out that the university I'm applying for doesn't recognise photography as an A level! My college told me my poor attendance would mean I wouldn't be able to go on the English Language course for A2. But, I want to know if I can take it externally? Would they let me technically only do two subjects within the college and one as external?
Reply 1
Original post by claresmith223
So after my AS exams, I stopped attending English Language classes because I was positive I wouldn't be taking it for next year. However now I've found out that the university I'm applying for doesn't recognise photography as an A level! My college told me my poor attendance would mean I wouldn't be able to go on the English Language course for A2. But, I want to know if I can take it externally? Would they let me technically only do two subjects within the college and one as external?

There is nothing to stop you sperading your A levels over as many exam centres as you wish - although your college may require you to continue 3 subjects there - that's up to them. However, if you take Eng Lang externally then you will have to find some way of getting the coursework marked and authenticated. (If you are doing it with AQA then they will mark for external candidates but only if someone has authenticated it as your work.)

Quick Reply

Latest