The Student Room Group

What kind of clothes do older females/30 year olds wear?

I'm a few years off age 30 yet but I need to dress more maturely as I still wear teenage clothing, ripped jeans and printed t shirts etc I've never really been good at fashion so I need your help. I'm only 5 foot in height, normal healthy weight so like to try and elongate my figure with tight fitting t shirts etc otherwise I just look stocky/chubby. I like to wear trainers or pump type shoes I'm not into high heels or sandals etc I'm quite a tomboy. I want to know what type of clothes do 30 year olds to thirty something's wear. I want to look 'cool' but at the same time dress maturely. I like wearing jeans more than anything. I don't really know that many 30 years olds so just wanted advice..
I am 32 years old but I love wearing printed shirts, it is very comfortable and stylish. I paired it with skater skirt and flat sandals. Do I dress like teenager in my style now? I also love wearing maxi and denim dresses. I started to wear cardigan with plain shirt but I really love to wear the printed ones.
If they're the women on my daily commute, then next to nothing. And most the time... It's disgusting.
Cardigans
Reply 4
test
Original post by Huskaris
If they're the women on my daily commute, then next to nothing. And most the time... It's disgusting.

Why, it's not as bad as the 30 odd year old shirtless men on the way to the pubs is it?
good God I wear whatever I feel comfortable in and like the look of. (I'm 30).

Spoiler

Just ordinary stuff! Really you don't suddenly have to start wearing grey knitted cardigans and mum-style jeans just because you're approaching 30!
Thanks pink. Well Ive had people say that they thought I was about age 15 or 17 as I have a childish face/nose even though my eyes and skin show my age. My family have said it's because I don't really wear make up, am petite ie 5ft and dress in teenage clothes ie printed t shirts with animals on and jeans etc but I'm a tomboy and never wear dresses or skirts. That's why I was wondering how to dress more maturely
Original post by civilstudent
Why, it's not as bad as the 30 odd year old shirtless men on the way to the pubs is it?

No it's not as bad as the 30 odd year old shirtless men on the way to pubs, no. Still disgusting though, and this thread wasn't about men. Good try though.
Thanks pink. Well Ive had people say that they thought I was about age 15 or 17 as I have a childish face/nose even though my eyes and skin show my age. My family have said it's because I don't really wear make up, am petite ie 5ft and dress in teenage clothes ie printed t shirts with animals on and jeans etc but I'm a tomboy and never wear dresses or skirts. That's why I was wondering how to dress more maturely

I'd be thrilled if somebody mistook me for being 17 lol. Doesn't happen though, I think I pretty much look my age.

Quite honestly, you have one life, if you spend it worrying about whether or not other people like your clothes, then you're going to end up wearing things that you aren't necessarily keen on wearing.
Wear what you like to wear, regardless of age or other peoples opinions, and be happy :smile:
Reply 10
As you get older and your bum drops a bit, you'd be well advised to spend a lot more money on your jeans.

These Diesels and Hollister jeans are meant for girls who would generally look ok in anything. Get yourself a pair of 7s and don't look back.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
good God I wear whatever I feel comfortable in and like the look of. (I'm 30).

Spoiler

Just ordinary stuff! Really you don't suddenly have to start wearing grey knitted cardigans and mum-style jeans just because you're approaching 30!

WOW! You guys and the place where you live are beautiful!! (srs)

Did you buy Mario Kart 8?
Original post by SuperDuperNoob
WOW! You guys and the place where you live are beautiful!! (srs)

Did you buy Mario Kart 8?

lol thank you. The beach photos are obviously not from where I live - they are from a holiday to Spain.

The pictures where I'm on paths with woods though, that's the Trans Pennine Trail, which I walk to from my house. Bout 5 minutes walk away.
It's very scenic here - good old South Yorkshire countryside. This is the view from my bedroom window :

You can't see in these photos, but the field over to the right has cows and/or sheep in it during the summer.
At the moment there are cows in it. The kids like wandering over and watching them.

As for Mario Kart 8, no we haven't bought it yet. Think we're gonna get it for one of the kids' birthdays (probably Jason's when he turns 5 in September, because he's the one most into Mario.)

>>Sorry civilstudent for going totally off topic there! lol
No it's not as bad as the 30 odd year old shirtless men on the way to pubs, no. Still disgusting though, and this thread wasn't about men. Good try though.

It was about what looks disgusting though wasn't it, according to your first post. Or was that just a good try from you
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I'd be thrilled if somebody mistook me for being 17 lol. Doesn't happen though, I think I pretty much look my age.

Quite honestly, you have one life, if you spend it worrying about whether or not other people like your clothes, then you're going to end up wearing things that you aren't necessarily keen on wearing.
Wear what you like to wear, regardless of age or other peoples opinions, and be happy :smile:

Well I look my age on pictures but cause I'm very small and don't dress feminine I'm mistaken for a teenager. I def don't look young in a good way haha
It was about what looks disgusting though wasn't it, according to your first post. Or was that just a good try from you

No not at all. I think you might be literally too stupid to converse with. I wish you luck in your quest.
No not at all. I think you might be literally too stupid to converse with. I wish you luck in your quest.

How am i too stupid? What makes you think that? I dont think you are stupid (i think you make some decent posts) so why you insulting me.. :/
How am i too stupid? What makes you think that? I dont think you are stupid (i think you make some decent posts) so why you insulting me.. :/

Well now youve made my heart melt. Im sorry. I must be having a bad day :-( pos repped you for making me realise I was being a dick. :-( sorry

Quick Reply

Latest