The Student Room Group

should I become on Au pair so I can go to London for more opportunities?

I currently live in the North East.
I graduated a year ago and have had temporary jobs in Admin etc, I've been travelling for a few months and I'm back home looking for a job (nearly 2 months with no luck!)

I did a degree in Tourism Management (not knowing what I wanted to be at 18, just knowing that I wanted to go to uni...)

I've come up with a new plan to become a legal secretary, the wages are quite good if you get into a big firm.

There is an online course that I've been looking at, once I'm earning some money again.... I'm been aiming high applying with no experience, whereas there's Trainee Legal Secretary jobs in London, I just don't really have enough money to pay £100 rail fare for a job i might not get (That is, if I got an interview)

Anyway, I'm beyond stressed, with not being able to find a job and I'm thinking of applying to be an au pair so I can apply for these London jobs... Do you think this is a good idea? I asked my parents but just got told off for being an "air head" "I am beyond help"
You could try, but you may find it difficult to get au pair work without experience, and you'd still need to go to London to interview. You'd also need to think about your hours, and possible interviews, as well as the risk that you would find an au pair job and then leave quickly if something else came up.

It's worth a try applying for trainee roles and seeing what happens - some places will do phone or skype interviews for grads not in London.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending