The Student Room Group

Things that annoy you in the gym

1. People not putting weights back.

2. Guys lifting heavy weights with incorrect form resulting them thinking they're some sort of beast.

3. People on phones not working out while using equipment.

4. Bro- science (Google it)

5. Curling in the squat rack.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student10000
1. People not putting weights back.

2. Guys lifting heavy weights with incorrect form resulting them thinking they're some sort of beast.

3. People on phones not working out while using equipment.

4. Bro- science (Google it)

I'm going to take my rest when I need it. Why should I sit there bored when I can do something on my phone?
Guys who work out in fleeces/coats etc. I get that they're trying to sweat off weight but god it looks stupid, and surly it's just water weight anyway :s
Original post by illusionz

I'm going to take my rest when I need it. Why should I sit there bored when I can do something on my phone?

Normally I see people using their phones for longer than a minute. I don't see why people should be "resting" any longer than that.
Original post by xOHarriet
Guys who work out in fleeces/coats etc. I get that they're trying to sweat off weight but god it looks stupid, and surly it's just water weight anyway :s

Never understood the whole layering themselves with clothes in attempt to "work a sweat"
Normally I see people using their phones for longer than a minute. I don't see why people should be "resting" any longer than that.

Educate yourself then. You are the problem, not them.

Also that statement heavily implies you don't squat. Ergo your 5th point is invalid.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Hot girls, giving me a boner and putting me off my work out
Reply 7
Original post by xOHarriet

Lol this guy I see in the gym every week wears a hoodie and hat, even in summer
I asked him in a jokingly manner, "don't you get hot wearing all that?" and he said "yes"

I was like :confused:
Never understood the whole layering themselves with clothes in attempt to "work a sweat"

If it's a one-off thing could be legit; maybe working off water weight for a weigh-in or something...
Educate yourself then. You are the problem, not them.

Also that statement heavily implies you don't squat. Ergo your 5th point is invalid.

I was referring to other equipment that the squat rack. I do squat, thank you very much.

90 secs is generally the upmost you should be resting,

Clueless.
Men groaning to get the ladies' attention.
(edited 9 years ago)
I was referring to other equipment that the squat rack. I do squat, thank you very much.

Depends on how heavy you're lifting. If you tax your CNS with massive low-rep squats you can rest longer without issues
Original post by Wilsoncw1997
Men moaning to get the ladies' attention.

:erm:
Women refusing to give me a workout :wink:
Clueless.

Agree to disagree, I'm not getting in an argument with a person with no picture on the Internet.

Without sounding like an arrogant S*** I'd like to think my results speak for itself.

As a rule of thumb, Short rest periods about 30 seconds Long rest periods 2 minutes to 5 minutes Moderate rest periods about 60-90 seconds.

My point was aimed at people who do not work out strenuously enough to warrant the 5 minute rest period.
Reply 16

What's wrong with this?
Not many things annoy me, if it doesn't affect me, I rarely care.
Original post by yo radical one
:erm:

My bad sorry.

Original post by Ruffiio
Lol this guy I see in the gym every week wears a hoodie and hat, even in summer
I asked him in a jokingly manner, "don't you get hot wearing all that?" and he said "yes"

I was like :confused:

Urgh. It was like 29 degrees outside and the gym was sweltering yet there he was in his fleece hoodie. I saw him lift it up at one point and he had this grey T shirt on underneath which was totally drenched. So gross.

Quick Reply

Latest