The Student Room Group

Databasing on the cloud

Hi, so I'm working on a Java project and the main problem I'm having is that I've not learnt Java yet (lol) but I've been tasked with setting up the user database and then filtering out users that aren't within a set range by postcode.

How could I implement a really simple database (using the cloud) for users that would contain a username, details and postcodes that I can then use in a class that contains a method to filter the users based on their postcode stated in the database?
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by Frank the Tankk
Hi, so I'm working on a Java project and the main problem I'm having is that I've not learnt Java yet (lol) but I've been tasked with setting up the user database and then filtering out users that aren't within a set range by postcode.

How could I implement a really simple database (using the cloud) for users that would contain a username, details and postcodes that I can then use in a class that contains a method to filter the users based on their postcode stated in the database?

I have no idea what you mean by "the cloud" in this context.
Reply 3
Original post by Frank the Tankk

When you say cloud do you mean MangoLab? StormDb? etcc
Original post by CJKay
I have no idea what you mean by "the cloud" in this context.

The project is pretty much done now, it was for the Festival of Code. I wanted a way to store a user database on some form of cloud implementation. I found Iris Couch but decided to just set up a CouchDB but then as we were so constrained by time we couldn't get it all to work well in time.

Anyway, this thread should probably be closed now
Original post by MUN123
When you say cloud do you mean MangoLab? StormDb? etcc

I was looking at Iris Couch...but see my other post...we only had 4 days (Festival of Code) and we couldn't get something done about it in time :/ and now users are just stored in a text file haha...not elegant but it'll do.

Quick Reply

Latest