The Student Room Group

Aqa gcse science grade boundary predictions

Yes...with less than a month to go until D-Day
tension will surely be rising.
I'm most worried about my sciences as they are ever so crucial for my career path. Thus I thought for a bit of fun lets see what people think the grade boundaries will be for this year and see if anyone can guess right or as close to it as can be!
I being geeky...looked up all the AQA grade boundary archives and have come to the conclusion they rarely ever changed(from the old spec) and stay within a 3-4 mark radius below or above the previous years.
UMS wise you need out of 400 360 for an A*, 320 for an A and 280 for a B.
Coursework will apparently not change from last years grade boundary
That in mind i'm predicting

Biology
Max A* A B
Core (ums) 60(100) 48 (90) 40(80) 32(70)
Additional (ums) 60(100) 44 (90) 36(80) 29(70)
Triple (ums) 60(100) 40 (90) 34(80) 28(70)

Chemistry Max A* A B
Core (ums) 60(100) 48 (90) 38(80) 28(70)
Additional (ums) 60(100) 46 (90) 37(80) 29(70)
Triple (ums) 60(100) 46 (90) 40(80) 34(70)

Physics Max A* A B
Core (ums) 60(100) 48 (90) 39(80) 29(70)
Additional (ums) 60(100) 44 (90) 38(80) 29(70)
Triple (ums) 60(100) 44 (90) 36(80) 28(70)
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I agree with what you'vepredicted however I think the grade boundaries for additional science will be veryyy unpredictable because the majority found them the hardest exams.. What did you think about the additional?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by CaitlinN15
I agree with what you'vepredicted however I think the grade boundaries for additional science will be veryyy unpredictable because the majority found them the hardest exams.. What did you think about the additional?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought I was the only one :colondollar:
words cannot describe how much I hated Biology additional (atleast without swearing)
I realized P2 was also not brilliant once I finished the exam
C2 was probably my best i think although it too was slightly dodgy
Original post by PointDexter
I thought I was the only one :colondollar:
words cannot describe how much I hated Biology additional (atleast without swearing)
I realized P2 was also not brilliant once I finished the exam
C2 was probably my best i think although it too was slightly dodgy

Oh my! Yes! Biology was absolutley awful- grr!!!!!! Yeah Chemistry had some awful.worded questions but that was the better one out of the three. Physics was okayish haha.

Overall unit 3's were significantly easier than unit 2's and hopefully them, the core and my ISA's will average it out but I'm not promising much ahha.. I can't remember what exam it was but halfway through the exam there was 2 random pages of 'no questions on this page' so I remember like 95% of my triple science class (there was only one class) missed out the remaining questions and losds of other people did that also- so I hope in that exam the boundaries are decreased ahha. Basically in all of the exmas I'm praying for.low boundaries ahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by CaitlinN15
Oh my! Yes! Biology was absolutley awful- grr!!!!!! Yeah Chemistry had some awful.worded questions but that was the better one out of the three. Physics was okayish haha.

Overall unit 3's were significantly easier than unit 2's and hopefully them, the core and my ISA's will average it out but I'm not promising much ahha.. I can't remember what exam it was but halfway through the exam there was 2 random pages of 'no questions on this page' so I remember like 95% of my triple science class (there was only one class) missed out the remaining questions and losds of other people did that also- so I hope in that exam the boundaries are decreased ahha. Basically in all of the exmas I'm praying for.low boundaries ahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish for lower grade boundaries considering we had to do all our exams in one take :s-smilie:
I wish for lower grade boundaries considering we had to do all our exams in one take :s-smilie:

Yeah- I'm hoping low boundaries for every single of my exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes lets hope aqa keep there grade boundaries as low as they always do for the past couple of exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Fatima Osman
Yes lets hope aqa keep there grade boundaries as low as they always do for the past couple of exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you consider my predictions as low?
Reply 8
I'm counting on low grade boundaries (unless this year just happened to be very smart.) All those people predicting 50 for an A* can shut up seeing as they have never been that high and the past exams were easier.
Reply 9
Original post by Manexopi
I'm counting on low grade boundaries (unless this year just happened to be very smart.) All those people predicting 50 for an A* can shut up seeing as they have never been that high and the past exams were easier.

Realest person ive spoken to :colondollar:
Thank you!
do you reckon i'm too high?
Reply 10
Realest person ive spoken to :colondollar:
Thank you!
do you reckon i'm too high?

I think they're pretty reasonable but I think B2 and P2 will be lower. That being said, I haven't spoken to many people about the exams so I don't what the general consensus was apart from for B2 and P2.
I think they're pretty reasonable but I think B2 and P2 will be lower. That being said, I haven't spoken to many people about the exams so I don't what the general consensus was apart from for B2 and P2.

Yeah i felt they should be lower but im trying to be harsh so that the actual grade boundaries are most likely to be lower. Naturally C2 & C3 are higher than what i would expect :colone:
Reply 12
Yeah i felt they should be lower but im trying to be harsh so that the actual grade boundaries are most likely to be lower. Naturally C2 & C3 are higher than what i would expect :colone:

Hopefully they will be lower we deserve it after the exams they pulled on us.
Thing is though, science grade boundaries always seem to be low so I'm more worried for English as they seem to be quite high and the exams didn't go as well as I was hoping :/
Hopefully they will be lower we deserve it after the exams they pulled on us.
Thing is though, science grade boundaries always seem to be low so I'm more worried for English as they seem to be quite high and the exams didn't go as well as I was hoping :/

I felt English was good apart from the 40% English literature paper of the two books sources for AQA ( Women in Black and Of Mice and Men for me). Id be disappointed if they are not good as I hope mainly because I worked my butt off for them :rolleyes:
Reply 14
I felt English was good apart from the 40% English literature paper of the two books sources for AQA ( Women in Black and Of Mice and Men for me). Id be disappointed if they are not good as I hope mainly because I worked my butt off for them :rolleyes:

did you do unit 2 or 4? I did unit 4 and Romeo and JUliet failed for me. And ik what you mean I was really worried about English and was revising for it instead of other subjects :L
did you do unit 2 or 4? I did unit 4 and Romeo and JUliet failed for me. And ik what you mean I was really worried about English and was revising for it instead of other subjects :L

Isn't Unit 2 the poem stuff ?
If so, then i did unit 2
Reply 16
Isn't Unit 2 the poem stuff ?
If so, then i did unit 2

Yup it is. Hey it's now August. Not long left now. o_O
Yup it is. Hey it's now August. Not long left now. o_O

I know! 20 days more or less
it might just fly by!
Reply 18
do you consider your predictions as high or low pointdexter
I don't know why but I think the ones for Additional Science are too low? Like, Physics should be low, definitely, it was horrible. However, I thought it was an excellent year for Biology and Chemistry on AQA A Additional Science.

Quick Reply