The Student Room Group

Aqa gcse science grade boundary predictions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yousf
do you consider your predictions as high or low pointdexter

Personally with all the stress of doing it in one years sitting- I consider them high but obviously that's a matter of opinion!
what about you?
Original post by JayJay-C19
I don't know why but I think the ones for Additional Science are too low? Like, Physics should be low, definitely, it was horrible. However, I thought it was an excellent year for Biology and Chemistry on AQA A Additional Science.

I honestly felt Biology Additional was poor but I agree 100% on the Physics...I need it to be low as I flunked it!
I hated the Additional Science exams this year. Your predictions sound very realistic based on past grade boundaries but I hope the B2 one will be lower because I think I missed out on a lot of marks:/
Original post by PointDexter
I honestly felt Biology Additional was poor but I agree 100% on the Physics...I need it to be low as I flunked it!

Biology was brilliant for me. Somewhat confident about an A/A* in that. However, Physics was disastrous... I had to wing that even though I prepared quite well.
Biology was brilliant for me. Somewhat confident about an A/A* in that. However, Physics was disastrous... I had to wing that even though I prepared quite well.

I hope for an A in Biology additional if possible an high A...I'm confident i made it up with core and triple!
Im gutted as I made so many errors with the calculation and the mineral and shrimp sections.
I hope for an A in Biology additional if possible an high A...I'm confident i made it up with core and triple!
Im gutted as I made so many errors with the calculation and the mineral and shrimp sections.

Yeah, well, you should be fine! Remember, the grade boundaries are normally 15-20 marks below 100% for an A* so struggling on a couple of sections won't doom you.

Good luck.
Yeah, well, you should be fine! Remember, the grade boundaries are normally 15-20 marks below 100% for an A* so struggling on a couple of sections won't doom you.

Good luck.

Naturally i'd suspect B2, P2 and even P3 to be roughly 42/60 but the fact you and potentially others found B2 good makes me wary that they could be higher...im just hopeful full ums marks in coursework makes up for any area of slip ups.
Naturally i'd suspect B2, P2 and even P3 to be roughly 42/60 but the fact you and potentially others found B2 good makes me wary that they could be higher...im just hopeful full ums marks in coursework makes up for any area of slip ups.

Well, I'm sure you'll be fine anyway. They up or lower grade boundaries by like 2 or 3 marks. I doubt you will be disadvantaged.
Well, I'm sure you'll be fine anyway. They up or lower grade boundaries by like 2 or 3 marks. I doubt you will be disadvantaged.

I hope so!
Best of luck to you too!
Reply 29
For an A* (in my opinion):
BIOLOGY
B1: 46/60
B2: 41/60 (there are many mixed thoughts of this exam, so i thought i'll lower it. Many people found it more difficult than last years exam from what I've seen on student room and what my friends have said, there were some weird questions in that exam...)
B3: 38/60 (In my opinion, harder than last years exam but i still think theyre going to increase them slightly...)
PHYSICS

P1: 46/60
P2: 40/60 (if not lower as many people found it harder than last years exam)
P3: 44/60

Tbh, I don't know about chemistry. I feel as if these are quite fair predictions but we will never know untill AQA release the grade boundaries. I'm sorry if these prediction are not what u think, but I'm trying to be as fair as I can... Anyway, good luck to everyone and I wish you all the best for the day and the future.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 09dalvak
BIOLOGY
B2: 41/60 (there are many mixed thoughts of this exam, so i thought i'll lower it. Many people found it more difficult than last years exam from what I've seen on student room and what my friends have said, there were some weird questions in that exam...)
B3: 38/60 (In my opinion, harder than last years exam but i still think theyre going to increase them slightly...)
PHYSICS

Tbh, I don't know about chemistry. I feel as if these are quite fair predictions but we will never know untill AQA release the grade boundaries. I'm sorry if these prediction are not what u think, but I'm trying to be as fair as I can... Anyway, good luck to everyone and I wish you all the best for the day and the future.

Not at all! I don't mind! if the grade boundaries are similar to what you said then I'd be a very happy dude...mine are extreme so that I cant be surprised if they are lower!
Best of luck to you also!
Reply 31
Original post by 09dalvak
BIOLOGY
PHYSICS

What about an A?
Reply 32
Original post by AlphaNick
Predictions for A*:
B1 44
B2 44
B3 43
C1 46
C2 47
C3 44
P1 45
P2 47
P3 45

p2 47? wasn't that the hardest unit
Reply 33
Original post by Yousf
What about an A?

It is usually 5 or 6 marks lower than the mark for an a*. I have taken account of the difficultly of last years exam and the grade boundaries given for those exams. If last years exams were more difficult for people last year than they were for this year, then I have predicted a higher mark to get an a*. If last years exams were easier for people last year than they were for this year, then I have predicted a lower mark to get an a*. But altogether, I honestly do not know :smile:
A* GB

B1 50
b2 48
b3 47
c1 52
c2 50
c3 47
p1 51
p2 51
p3 49
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by BlueGangsta
A* GB

B1 50
b2 48
b3 47
c1 52
c2 50
c3 47
p1 51
p2 51
p3 49

LOL?
LOL?

What? These exam were significantly easier than last year and every other, especially the 1s. It's liekly for gb to augument.
Reply 37
Original post by BlueGangsta
A* GB

B1 50
b2 48
b3 47
c1 52
c2 50
c3 47
p1 51
p2 51
p3 49

Are you being serious? They've never been this high and this years exams were harder than previous years?!
i can't speak for additional or triple because i only done my core exams this year ( i'm in year 10 or 11 i should say now) but honestly b1 was good and from most people i talked to , it was a easy paper so i predict maybe 48+ for an A* but chemistry for me was horrible i mean the stupid question on the companies testing bromine water .... got the whole question wrong , for me it was hard but for others it was generally good so i predict 46-48+ for an A* and finally i thought p1 was my best paper ( and i hate physics) and generally it was a ok paper so i would say 43-45 for an A* and i think that generally physics has the lower grade boundaries anyway.

also are the core science ISA grade boundries staying the same ?

and is triple science the same as separate sciences ? so instead of having a grade for core , additional and triple we get a grade for biology , chemistry and physics ?

thanks , also how does everyone else think the core science exams were ?
(edited 9 years ago)
I thought that c2 was wwaaaayyy harder than c3. The 6 mark question in c1 was amazing though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending