The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do White English people see Muslims as British?

Scroll to see replies

If you paid your £70+ for a passport then you're British,

Original post by P357

I personally don't see them as such as I think having a British passport doesn't automatically make you that.

If you live on the Island of Great Britain and have a piece of paper proving that you are a legal resident of that island then you are British.
If you're from Mars and have a paid your $70 for a Martian passport then you're a Martian.

Being British doesn't go any further than having it recorded on a piece of paper and on a census record. If you want to dispute what traits and characteristics somebody who lives on an island has then you seriously need to reconsider your worth as a human being.
Original post by CryptoidAlien
No Because they get married in Mosques, don't celebrate Christmas, call their children foreign Islamic names, complain about the British Empire 'colonizing their countrys', call their community 'the pakistani community' classify themselves and their culture as pakistani etc, so no, Islam and Muslims are the furthest thing from traditional Britain is there ever was. Islam cannot preserve Britain either, which is why they aren't English. They also celebrate foreign festivals and have never shown an alligience to the UK unless it's for power, show or benefits.

Wherever Muslims are I see no trace of anything English but everything deriving from the Middle East. They also feel alienated in Homogenous white british towns and community's which says enough, and feel comfortable in towns/communitys which look like Kashmir.

Call their children foreign Islamic names? LOL

It's quite a revelation, I didn't know all Muslims were Pakistani, please do elaborate
A LOT OF STUPID COMMENTS HERE.

What do you expect a Muslim to name his child bob ??? for friggin sake your name has nothing to do with what nationality you are.
Barrack Hussain Obama last time i checked he is American even though his name is different.

Atheists who don't believe in the traditional British Christianity way are they still British ????
Original post by Mick.w
essentially.
the koran and supporting texts is basically a guide on how to be an arab.
laws
customs
language
dress
grooming
food
morals
music
art

islam is a known culture. even muslims refer to islamic culture.

when you convert to islam you devote your life to trying to become like an arab.

when you have an arab custom like throwing shoes and pakistanis in the uk are doing it you see the effect.

islam destroys what ever culture was previously there.
babylon - amazing culture. islam arrives then its destroyed
nubia - amazing culture islam arrives then its destroyed
axum - amazing culture islam arrives then its destroyed
egypt - amazing culture islam arrives then its destroyed
persian - amazing culture islam arrives then its destroyed
Byzantium - amazing culture islam arrives then its destroyed.
indonesia - amazing culture islam arrives and is now destroying it.

their loyalties are not with british people. they do not see non muslims as the same as them. they seem them as other. as oriental. is foreign.

they even assimilated islam to their race and accuse those who criticise islam as being racist. when bosniaks and albanians were getting massacred the muslim world didn't give a damn. why? cause their white. and white muslims are not real muslims apparently. or so you would assume given the reaction of people.

somalis clash with christian kenyans. hausa clash with christians in nigeria. muslims are being taken as slaves by other muslims in sudan. does the muslim world care? no because black people are not real muslims either apparently.

where there were massacres going on in indonesia once again the muslim world didnt blink. apparently indonesians aren't real muslims either.

if you are born somewhere east of india west of greece south of the caspian sea or north of somalia then you are a proper muslim.

iraq is invaded. the whole arab world goes nuts. afghanistan is invaded. the whole arab world goes nuts. libya is invaded. the whole arab world goes nuts.

funny how muslims didnt seem to see any solidarity with palestine until 9/11.

also muslims do not integrate. the whole point of wearing a burkha is to show an act of defiance to the state and to distort cultural identity so as to be more confident with it than ashamed of it.

NO OTHER group from the rest of the world behaves how muslims do.

no other group in the world commits acts in the name of their religion and then crys racism when people criticise their religion.

no other group in the world condemns and criticises the nation THAT IT CHOSE TO IMMIGRATE TO and then has the cheek to call racism if the criticism are returned.

no other immigration group into europe has brought as much terrorism, as much ethnic tension as or as much sexual violence.

there is a constant demand for compromise and tolerance whilst offering none.

muslims have a huge economic steak in this country and take the piss with it.

when did you ever hear about muslims refusing to serve alcohol at tesco or every taxi driver take the day off for eid 10 years ago?

it didnt happen. you know you're getting stronger and you're exploiting tolerance.

so your liberty taking is going to have such a negative reaction that people will just decide to put their values aside. it is fascist. it is cultural, political governmental landscaping. that's what fascism is.

once more. i repeat.

no other culture behaves like muslims.

chinese blend in fine.
jews blend in fine
irish blend in fine
blacks blend in fine
polish and eastern europeans a bit jumpy yes. but give it a generation or two and they'll blend in fine.

muslims have been here since the 1950s and have around 4 generations of people living here. they haven't even lost their accents.

british and jamaicans however have combined accents and slang to such a degree that there is almost a new london accent (uno the whole "u get me doe blud, cuz, fam" thing)

there is quite genuinely a disgust that muslims have for the west.

what annoys me is muslims who are pretty much not connected to the muslim community claiming to represent muslims when you know you are not proper muslims.

for example proper practicing muslims are not allowed to dress how you are in ur avatar. u know that.

yet for some reason you will defend islam from the moderate west. when you no you have no way in hell of defending yourself from muslims in the east. you will literally have to drop all your islamic stuff behind if they turn on u.

but if you are not a proper practicing muslim
and are not active in the practicing muslim community
if you do not practice the 5 pillars of islam
then don't talk to me about whether or not the muslim community looks at the west in disgust. because quite frankly. you wouldnt be the one to know.

Wow so much hate, your basically classed in the same group as terrorists because your basically provoking and inciting hate.
Reply 44
Original post by goobypls
Wow so much hate, your basically classed in the same group as terrorists because your basically provoking and inciting hate.

I'm basically a terrorist...

no wander this country is going to the dogs.
Original post by Mick.w

You realize your hate ideology is a small insignificant minority.

Most of my friends are white and we get along amazingly well, it's funny I've never ever met a white person who thinks like you.
Original post by Mick.w

NO NO

This country needs to get rid of haters like you!
Original post by CryptoidAlien
No Because they get married in Mosques, don't celebrate Christmas, call their children foreign Islamic names, complain about the British Empire 'colonizing their countrys', call their community 'the pakistani community' classify themselves and their culture as pakistani etc, so no, Islam and Muslims are the furthest thing from traditional Britain is there ever was. Islam cannot preserve Britain either, which is why they aren't English. They also celebrate foreign festivals and have never shown an alligience to the UK unless it's for power, show or benefits.

Wherever Muslims are I see no trace of anything English but everything deriving from the Middle East. They also feel alienated in Homogenous white british towns and community's which says enough, and feel comfortable in towns/communitys which look like Kashmir.

So in your eyes Britishness= christmas, so anyone that doesn't celebrate christmas.That rules out all people that are not christian.
What about atheists that no longer celebrate christmas do they automatically lose their britishness the second they no longer want to celebrate christmas!!
Original post by joe01223
NO NO

There are a whole load of haters around the world and it's up to the peaceful people to stand up against hate.

Peaceful Jews, Muslims and Christians need to rise up as one and be together as one.
Reply 49
You realize your hate ideology is a small insignificant minority.

Most of my friends are white and we get along amazingly well, it's funny I've never ever met a white person who thinks like you.

pick one point you think i was wrong about.

also i wouldnt call my views an ideology.

but thats what happens when you try to emulate the speech of people who actually know what they're talking about
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 50
NO NO

why you hating on me
Original post by Mick.w

Well with bigoted mentality like yours it is going to the dogs.
There are a whole load of haters around the world and it's up to the peaceful people to stand up against hate.

Peaceful Jews, Muslims and Christians need to rise up as one and be together as one.

I agree lets start today and stand up against hate and make the world a safer place :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by Al-farhan
Well with bigoted mentality like yours it is going to the dogs.

well you're saying im bigoted. you're not saying i'm wrong though... so...:rolleyes:
Original post by Mick.w
pick one point you think i was wrong abut.

I'm a Muslim and i blend in fine.

I celebrate Christmas (not the religious aspect) but for the party's.

My family don't take time of on eid because they need to work instead.

You generalize all Muslims to behave like the Pakistani race and so base all there actions as Islam as a whole.

Last time i checked Muahmmed Ali or a Muslim footballer like yaya toure is not like that???
Let's just clarify something here.

There is ethnicity, religion, nationality and heritage. They are all different things.

Asking if a White English person sees Muslims as British is like asking a dog if they see cats as socially peanut.
I agree lets start today and stand up against hate and make the world a safer place :smile:

Tempted to make a thread on here where only peaceful people are allowed to chill and talk about stuff.

Any race or religion as long as your peaceful.
Original post by Mick.w
why you hating on me

im just saying with your mentality, the world would be a violent place. What if there were no Muslims today living on this planet, would the world really be a better place? I don't think so!
Reply 58
I'm a Muslim and i blend in fine.

I celebrate Christmas (not the religious aspect) but for the party's.

My family don't take time of on eid because they need to work instead.

You generalize all Muslims to behave like the Pakistani race and so base all there actions as Islam as a whole.

Last time i checked Muahmmed Ali or a Muslim footballer like yaya toure is not like that???

well pakistan makes up the second largest muslim population on the planet.
not only that but they started the Taliban that went into afghanistan and harboured Osama Bin Laden.

so they're pretty significant. they also have the largest muslim diaspora populations abroad.

there is also shared behaviour between pan-muslims and pakistanis

not only that but pakistanis are the largest muslim group in the UK.

Yaya Toure hasn't even got a muslim name.

plus they're black. and the islamic world has shown time and time again that it does not really care what happens to non south asian or arab muslims.

Muhammed Ali was converted to islam by the Nation of Islam. the same cult that believes the white man was made by mad scientists in the lost kingdom of atlantis. not only that but also believes that back people with afro hair are cursed.

not only that but many muslims don't believe Nation of Islam to be real Muslims especially due to the fact that they think Elijah Muhammed was the new prophet to take over after Muhammed.

or are you telling me you believe Elijah Muhammed was the latest Prophet?

do you pray five times a day?

do you give 2.5% of your income to the needy?

do you fast during ramadan?

Have you gone on pilgrimage to Mecca?
Reply 59
im just saying with your mentality, the world would be a violent place. What if there were no Muslims today living on this planet, would the world really be a better place? I don't think so!

have i incited violence?

Latest

Trending

Trending