The Student Room Group

Maths teacher touched me

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place or not but it needs to be anonymous.
Right, so my maths teacher at college is a really nice guy, he gets along with everyone and is just a really crazy fun guy. He calls us all his darlings and every maths lesson he greets us all individually.
Anyway, I went through quite a few problems this year so missed a month of college and when I was back in class he told me to stay behind. We sat down and he start talking to me about how I can come and talk to him about anything and that I could get through all of this. Then he randomly reached over and took my hand and held onto it telling me it's all going to be ok (with tears in his eyes) :redface:
After this every time he'd ask me to stay back (which was once every two weeks or so) he'd either touch me on the shoulder or take my hand in his hand, once he even said "I like holding your hand." I never thought anything of it but once my friend was waiting for me and she saw, when I got out of class she asked me why he was holding my hand and told me she thinks he likes me. I had never once thought of it like that because he's generally nice and caring, plus everyone assumes he's gay.
Oh and once my friend and I went to see him about something on the maths section of my college profile and it had my picture on there (an ugly picture, the one that they take on your first day of college). After seeing it he turned to my friend and said "Isn't she just beautiful?" :redface:
I don't know, is that weird? I didn't think anything of it but my friend thinks it's really odd.

Scroll to see replies

Pretty weird to be honest.
Reply 2
:lolwut:

He's a creep. Run.
Reply 3
Original post by ryan9900
Pretty weird to be honest.

Original post by AnharM
:lolwut:

He's a creep. Run.

Lol but I'm sure he's gay :redface:
Original post by Anonymous

Which is probably why he thinks he can get close to you without you questioning it and it's working. Stop being naive and realise he's crossing the line and abusing his position of trust.
(edited 9 years ago)
Report him.
Reply 6
Um that's creepy... :lolwut: report him!
Reply 7
Yeah report him it's weird especially with those comments he's making
Pepper spray him and run.
Reply 9
Which is probably why he thinks he can get close to you without you questioning it and it's working. Stop being naive and realise he's crossing the line and abusing his position of trust.

Oh :redface:
I've left college now so it doesn't really matter, I just wanted to know if people find it really weird. I found it odd but I just thought meh.

Original post by MrDystopia
Report him.

I've left college now so...
Reply 10
Original post by Dilsz
Yeah report him it's weird especially with those comments he's making

I agree with this.
Sounds a bit odd and could escalate further if you don't put a stop to it now.
I've left college now so it doesn't really matter, I just wanted to know if people find it really weird. I found it odd but I just thought meh.

I've left college now so...

You should still report him as he could potentially do the same or worse to others.
I've left college now so it doesn't really matter, I just wanted to know if people find it really weird. I found it odd but I just thought meh

Yes, it does matter. I'd still report him if I were you. What if he starts on another girl and takes it further? He's been weird once, he could be even weirder the next time.
Thats very strange. The tears bit sounded to me that hes either gay or feminine (not saying men ant cry but in front of his student? Seriously?!).
Anyway he sounds like a creep to me so have a word with a teacher at your college because he could possibly do the same or even worse to other young girls now that you've left
Original post by MrDystopia
You should still report him as he could potentially do the same or worse to others.

Yes, it does matter. I'd still report him if I were you. What if he starts on another girl and takes it further? He's been weird once, he could be even weirder the next time.

But everyone loves him and he's honestly the nicest teacher there. Everyone got him lots of presents when they were leaving. I can't do that :frown:

It strongly sounds like he is trying to get close to you and start an intimate and illegitimate relationship with you - especially if he's unintentionally keeping you behind and then each time touching your shoulder and hand.

You just can't assume that he's gay either - even if that's what people assume and those are the rumours going around by your peers, you can never know. If anything it gives him more reason and freedom to become more intimate with you, because no one including yourself would think the wiser. He could even be bisexual for all you know. Even if he said that he's gay himself (though I assume he hasn't by the sounds of it) he could just be lying so he can continue to groom you without you noticing.

Take action before it gets worse or goes any further - or it happens to someone else since you've left college.
But everyone loves him and he's honestly the nicest teacher there. Everyone got him lots of presents when they were leaving. I can't do that :frown:

Then you're a ****ty person. You'll be sorry when you hear he's been sexually abusing some poor girl who was too scared to say anything and you could've stopped it.

...and that means he's able to be inappropriate and over step the mark because? How would you feel if he did something worse to someone in the future. Or how would those affected feel if they found out you knew he was like this?

I understand it's pretty tough to speak out against someone who has a positive reputation, but you need to be strong and do so :/

If he's not straight, then he's probably bisexual.

And yes, he more than definitely fancies you.

Quick Reply