The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

OU W101 & W102 October 14 - Anyone else in?

Hello people, can't see a thread on here for fellow Law students at the OU so thought I'd start one :smile:

Any experiences, questions, tips. We want to hear them.

Louis.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey i am also doing w101. Would love to hear some people experiences and tips

Vicki
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by vixparis
Hey i am also doing w101. Would love to hear some people experiences and tips

Vicki

Hey vicky, are you just studying the one module?
Reply 3
I'm down for two modules in the first year. Only registered yesterday. So anxious. :-/
Reply 4
hello everyone! i'm down for W101 and want to register for W102 also but I'm a bit unsure about doing both at once as one of the OU people just told me the W102 kinda runs off W101 and doing them simultaneously might not be ideal. Thing is I want to complete the course in 3 yrs and I've got the time. any thoughts/advice O ye people :smile::smile:
Reply 5
I'm also studying both modules in the first year and still unsure :/
Think it's do-able, obviously a lot of hard work.
Reply 6
Hi I'm also doing w101, was in two minds about doing w102 too but was advised against it!
I'm doing W101 this October as I don't think I could manage both together. Anyone know where we can access old course materials and exam papers?
Reply 8
Hey I'm doin w101 & w102 mum of two under 4, really nervous now. Has anyone started tma1
Hi Harriet, I did request old assignments from my tutor with regards to W101 and was told it will not happen. Just wanted some direction.

I have completed and received the marks for TMA 03. Passed all 3 which is good.

I would strongly advise against two modules at once especially if you are working or got responsibilities e.g; kids etc.
Hello all W101 students!
Have completed TMA 1/2/3 but still struggling! I agree it would be useful to look at past papers but it appears we are not allowed to do so.
Hi,

Just wondering; did any of you guys get any texts books with this module?

Chris
Struggling with what if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by chrisllb1
Hi,

Just wondering; did any of you guys get any texts books with this module?

Chris

No text books at first. All study material is online however, Open Uni will send students printouts of the units for each TMA.
Original post by shirleyohn
Hello all W101 students!
Have completed TMA 1/2/3 but still struggling! I agree it would be useful to look at past papers but it appears we are not allowed to do so.

Struggling with what exactly if you don't mind me asking?

I'm assuming you have submitted TMA 04 as cut off date was 11th March 2015.

Who is your Tutor?
Original post by Danni24
Hey I'm doin w101 & w102 mum of two under 4, really nervous now. Has anyone started tma1

It will be extremely difficult to study two modules at once especially if you are new or relatively new at the subject of Law.

Studying two modules at once will require atleast 4 hours per day and more if you need to catch up.
Original post by Harriet Hollows
I'm doing W101 this October as I don't think I could manage both together. Anyone know where we can access old course materials and exam papers?

Hi Harriet,

How are you finding the work so far and which TMA are you on in W101 and W102 if you don't mind me asking?
I agree with the advice given to you. It was the best advice and hopefully you stuck with studying only W101.
Reply 18
Anyone else here struggling with W102 TMA04 my grades for all others have been fairly high but looking at this TMA is driving me crazy, i don't know if i just find the subject matter so incredibly dull that I'm struggling.
Reply 19
Hi I started w101 an introduction to law in oct 14 with the open university! Having real trouble juggling two modules with full time work though how does everybody else cope??

Quick Reply

Latest