The Student Room Group

People are always hostile to me

Say for example I'm walking down the street the other day and someone coughed and I looked round as he walked off he coughed again to annoy me the next day when he walked past me he coughed about eight times to annoy me again. Even though he is not even hard and it is a very low level thing I get this kind of thing around my area all the time and in jobs I've worked in I kind of think why can't people be nice to eachother?
That is awesome that you can make people cough just by being near them.
Original post by Guy Secretan
Say for example I'm walking down the street the other day and someone coughed and I looked round as he walked off he coughed again to annoy me the next day when he walked past me he coughed about eight times to annoy me again. Even though he is not even hard and it is a very low level thing I get this kind of thing around my area all the time and in jobs I've worked in I kind of think why can't people be nice to eachother?

Why didn't you say something?

E.g.
"Is there something wrong with your throat?" <- okay that's a little rude, I might think that :colondollar:
Or "Excuse me,can I ask why you keep coughing every time you walk past?" etc.
Next time ask.

I don't know why, it is pretty irritating though isn't it?! Don't worry too much though. Just ignore it. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was just a tame example people also shout abuse, threaten, insult etc I'm really tired of this country and the people who live here.
Most of these situations I'm just walking along mnding my own business
That was just a tame example people also shout abuse, threaten, insult etc I'm really tired of this country and the people who live here.

Screw them... Walk tall, have confidence. Be honest with yourself and others and with what you like and want in life.

People who do that only do it because they are insecure in themselves and so they put others down to try and make themselves feel better.
Are you non-white by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No I'm white most of them are just kind of semi chavs but this is still a nice area. Maybe because I don't have any friends at the moment I'm more sensitive towards it.
Reply 8
keep ignoring it if it doesnt bother you, how long can he keep doing that for anyway?!
Reply 9
Er...what? and this guy posts all the time about how confident and on the ball he is lol...

Sorry, but people don't have to be nice...
Original post by kimolozen
Er...what? and this guy posts all the time about how confident and on the ball he is lol...

Sorry, but people don't have to be nice...

er when do I post about being confident. Also yeah you're right people don't have to be nice but why do they feel the need to be unpleasant even if you don't even know them and are simply walking along minding your own business.
er when do I post about being confident. Also yeah you're right people don't have to be nice but why do they feel the need to be unpleasant even if you don't even know them and are simply walking along minding your own business.

As said, people can be and are ****s...doesn't make it right.

You should either stand up for yourself, or simply don't go places where they hang out. I do both, and it serves me well.

Quick Reply

Latest