The Student Room Group

Microgynon 30 - what's "late"?

Hi guys :smile:

I started my new pack on Tuesday and took it perfectly on time (7pm) up until that Sunday where it was around 3 hours late (9:45) as I didn't have the pill on me. On Monday I took my pill on time again (7pm) but today on Tuesday I took it at 9pm.

Therefore it's been 2:45 late and 2hrs late. Me and my boyfriend have been having sex but I've been on this pill for 2 years now and usually take it religiously like clockwork. So annoyed and upset at myself :frown:

Will I be okay? I've heard that its not classed as "missed" or "late" until 12-24 hours. I'm such a worrier, so felt the need to post. I'm gonna make sure every single other pill is at 7pm.

Thanks x
See the instruction leaflet (open another pack if necessary!)

Microgynon 30 is a combined pill, so you're fine - there is more flexibility around time than with progesterone-only ones.
I think it's 12 hours, but can't remember. I've sometimes missed a day or two and still been fine. :smile:
Reply 3
I did exactly the same on a few occasions, theres no need to worry if you took it within 4 hours of the specific time, you'll be fine! :smile:
https://www.healthtap.com/topics/i-took-my-birth-control-2-hours-late

Quick Reply