The Student Room Group

Does anyone else experience this

When you're nervous or something makes you jump, do you get a weird tickly sensation shooting down your legs into your feet?

I almost slipped in the shower just now and it happened and earlier I heard a loud bang and it made me jump and I got it. I also get it if I see something painful (cuts, bruises, etc).

My friend says she doesn't and thinks it's weird so I'm curious if others get it lol

Sorry for the random thread:smile:
Hmm never heard of that, probably the 'flight' response (fight or flight)...
this is kind of unrelated... but if people get to close to my ears or whisper or breathe or i don't know , lean towards my face closer than is comfortable , i get this like tight tingling feeling in my hip

it's really weird... maybe people are just strange in some ways :P
Reply 3
Original post by hotliketea
this is kind of unrelated... but if people get to close to my ears or whisper or breathe or i don't know , lean towards my face closer than is comfortable , i get this like tight tingling feeling in my hip

Me too. I discovered this when I had my eyes tested by an optician. He got very close to my eyes with his light and my hip was tingling like crazy! I had to tell him to stop. It also made me giggle!
Original post by D.Wright
Me too. I discovered this when I had my eyes tested by an optician. He got very close to my eyes with his light and my hip was tingling like crazy! I had to tell him to stop. It also made me giggle!

YES THAT'S EXACTLY WHEN IT HAPPENS TO ME AND HOW I NOTICED I GET IT!!!! omg i've found my spirit guide and it's you

(my boyfriend said i was mental but we can be mental together)
Reply 5
Original post by hotliketea

i don't get that but whenever i pet a dog or touch something like a fluffy cushion i get a tingly feeling in the roof of my mouth... so weirdddd
Original post by LeaX
When you're nervous or something makes you jump, do you get a weird tickly sensation shooting down your legs into your feet?

I almost slipped in the shower just now and it happened and earlier I heard a loud bang and it made me jump and I got it. I also get it if I see something painful (cuts, bruises, etc).

My friend says she doesn't and thinks it's weird so I'm curious if others get it lol

That happens to me when I'm very nervous or scared, and I get extremely tingly toes and light feet when I'm somewhere high and I look down.

I also get a very ticklish back when they wash my hair at the hairdresser's, something about that particular angle just makes me squirm almost uncontrollably (especially when I was younger, which must have been very annoying for the hairdresser). :^_^:
I get it sometimes, when it happens my foot goes all numb and I start to walk strangely:hmpf:
Original post by LeaX

Never experienced this personally. :tongue: Never heard of anyone who's had this either, guess it's just a random trait some people have. :dontknow:

If I'm nervous/have anxiety over something I always poo A LOT. That was too much information, sorry, but it's true. :lol:
Original post by LeaX

I also get random spasms very rarely too XD
I think I have it but mine's localised in my upper body. It's really awkward since my whole upper body shakes and feels a bit foreign for a few seconds, y'know like when you wake up and you're body is kind of sluggish and you feel like your body is a bit weird or slow.

By the way, just curious, is the feeling similar to the one you get when you don't move your feet and it feels like it was zapped or something? or is it different?
I think I get what you mean. When I used to get panicky and had panic attacks I would get a tingly feeling all over but mainly in my arms and face rather than my legs to my feet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Ah glad I'm not the only one, the human body can be strange at times lol

Quick Reply

Latest