The Student Room Group

When do I find out how much money I get?

I have received the letter with the declaration that I had to mail back. On one of the sheets it stated the size of the maintenance loan I am to receive not subject to how wealthy my parents are. However it did not have any information regarding the size of the loan I will receive that is subject to my parents wages. Nor was there any information regarding whether or not I am entitled to any maintenance grants which I applied for.

I desperately need this information so that I know what accommodation I can afford, when do I get to know?
Original post by awkwardshortguy
I have received the letter with the declaration that I had to mail back. On one of the sheets it stated the size of the maintenance loan I am to receive not subject to how wealthy my parents are. However it did not have any information regarding the size of the loan I will receive that is subject to my parents wages. Nor was there any information regarding whether or not I am entitled to any maintenance grants which I applied for.

I desperately need this information so that I know what accommodation I can afford, when do I get to know?

Hey, did you apply online? If so if you go to your account and click on correspondence and then click entitlement letter it will tell you on there in pdf format, there should be several pages. Mine had like 9 pages.
Original post by SophieSmall
Hey, did you apply online? If so if you go to your account and click on correspondence and then click entitlement letter it will tell you on there in pdf format, there should be several pages. Mine had like 9 pages.

Hello. The total amount to be paid to you on my letter was a mere £3610. There was nothing indicating how much I was to receive based on my parents income.
On your account does it also say beneath the 'your-to-do list'; 'What happens next' and '[your parent's names] have given us financial information, we'll use this to work out what student finance you can get'?
Hello. The total amount to be paid to you on my letter was a mere £3610. There was nothing indicating how much I was to receive based on my parents income.
On your account does it also say beneath the 'your-to-do list'; 'What happens next' and '[your parent's names] have given us financial information, we'll use this to work out what student finance you can get'?

ring them they might need more information or youll end up with the minimum.
Original post by SophieSmall
ring them they might need more information or youll end up with the minimum.

So does your mail say how much additional maintenance loan you get and how much maintenance grant you get?
So does your mail say how much additional maintenance loan you get and how much maintenance grant you get?

Both the mail and online, if it doesn't say online anything about your grant it either means you don't qualify, haven't given enough information or you didn't apply for it. Ring them up to sort it out. I'll say it again, if you don't you WILL get the minimum.
Mine was exactly the same so I rang them and they said they needed more information so 8 weeks later I received the forms I am meant to have had and sent them back, they are now saying they need two more forms filled out and sent back and they will take around 30 days to process. The system is ridiculous. Give them a ring ASAP x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending