The Student Room Group

Bad parking jobs

Came across this beauty in a narrow street this morning:

The bus couldn't get through and there was a queue of traffic behind.

Anyone else got examples of terrible parking they've seen?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

This isn't an actual picture of what I saw but it illustrates the technique.

The space was on a hill between 2 cars and there was no way the car could fit into it. The woman tried and tried but eventually just left it at 45 degrees.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by NX172

The space was on a hill between 2 cars and there was no way the car could fit into it. The woman tried and tried but eventually just left it at 45 degrees.

Marvellous :biggrin:
Basically any time I ever park.
Original post by rachel.h
Basically any time I ever park.

D'aw I'm sure it's not that bad :console:
Original post by NX172

Then the woman would come back to her car and wonder why on each the rear end has been scraped proceeding to ask all the people if they saw anything, not even caring about her shocking parking!
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
D'aw I'm sure it's not that bad :console:

I can park to the left but not to the right :biggrin: 50% bad parker.
Reply 7
Both in supermarket car parks. I'm on a personal vendetta to make life for ****ty parkers as awkward as possible. Note that I'm perfectly central in my space on both occasions :biggrin:

Original post by Nuffles
Both in supermarket car parks. I'm on a personal vendetta to make life for ****ty parkers as awkward as possible. Note that I'm perfectly central in my space on both occasions :biggrin:

That's brilliant. How did you get in the first pic? Passenger side?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nuffles

I was going to say what if the person was parked stupidly because they forced over the line by someone parking stupidly before them - but that people carrier has no excuse!!
IMG_20140723_185757872.jpgIMG_20140723_185757872.jpg

Happened a week or two back, like seriously couldn't have been any worse and not even in the parking bay
Original post by Iqbal007

Happened a week or two back, like seriously couldn't have been any worse and not even in the parking bay

:lol:
:lolwut:

why?!
Original post by Nuffles

I love it.
You should come and park in a few parking spaces round where i live. Ive seen plenty of drivers that need to be taught a lesson like that.
Check out a 24/7 supermarket late at night. It's like a zombie apocalypse with vehicles abandoned everywhere at all kinds of angles. I even saw someone car park across 3 bays the other week. Just drove up to the bays and thought f it and drove onto the bays and left it.
Oh and another - back when I had the Land Rover I let my friend have a go around a Tesco car park. I asked her to park up and before we got out I asked her how well she thought she did on the parking. She thought she was straight and in the middle of the space. This was the result.

I haven't learned how to drive yet but my Gon-Gon can be bad at parking. One time a couple of years ago, we went to a shopping centre and he parked diagonally in the car park so that his car took up two spaces at once. When we got out, I laughed hard at his parking and regretted not bringing my phone to take a picture of it because it was so bad but funny at the same time. What made it even funnier was that he didn't know why I was laughing and he walked off grumbling in Cantonese. :lol:

My Fa once had someone park badly next to his car. It was so close to his car that he actually had to have a parking attendant (who was laughing a lot) actually signal to him as he tried to get his car out in case he scratched his car up against the other car. My Fa took these pictures because he was so unamused by it, and he's a good driver. (His car is on the right.)

Original post by TaciturnPhantom
I haven't learned how to drive yet but my Gon-Gon can be bad at parking. One time a couple of years ago, we went to a shopping centre and he parked diagonally in the car park so that his car took up two spaces at once. When we got out, I laughed hard at his parking and regretted not bringing my phone to take a picture of it because it was so bad but funny at the same time. What made it even funnier was that he didn't know why I was laughing and he walked off grumbling in Cantonese. :lol:

My Fa once had someone park badly next to his car. It was so close to his car that he actually had to have a parking attendant (who was laughing a lot) actually signal to him as he tried to get his car out in case he scratched his car up against the other car. My Fa took these pictures because he was so unamused by it, and he's a good driver. (His car is on the right.)

'L' plate on the badly parked car, givin' us all a bad name. :shakecane:

and this is why I reverse into spaces...

pretty common syndrome in multistorey & underground car parks - people seem to be really scared of going anywhere near the walls and would much rather scrape up against another vehicle.

Quick Reply

Latest