The Student Room Group

Why don't girls like Waring the same dress twice

It makes no sense. If you've spent so much for a dress why only ware it once?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't even like to wear the same outfit twice. It loses it's special appeal after one wear...girls, you know what I mean.
Reply 2
Returns policy makes everything possible. Especially ASOS.
Meh I wear the same outfit or dress more than once as long as it's not in the same week or the same place or whatever. If it was good enough to wear once it's good enough to wear again :laugh:
Reply 4
Original post by ldsbabe
I don't even like to wear the same outfit twice. It loses it's special appeal after one wear...girls, you know what I mean.

By outfit do you meen clothes or the combination of them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wear most of my daytime dresses loads of times. I wore the skirt i'm wearing yesterday and wearing it today with a different top. If it's an occasion dress then i don't like wearing it shortly after I've already worn it, but would wear it again. Waste of money otherwise :tongue:
Reply 6
Spending £40+ on a dress and never wearing it again is ridiculous
Reply 7
I hope that's a massive over-generalisation.
Please fellow ladies, tell me you're like me and don't care about wearing something more than once, twice, fifty times!
Bit cheap and nasty
I do it all the time haha XD i only have 4 dresses anyway
I will never understand this. Once I find a few setups I feel comfortable in I just alternate between them until fashion changes or they get worn out.

I also hate ****ing clothes shopping.
Reply 11
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I will never understand this. Once I find a few setups I feel comfortable in I just alternate between them until fashion changes or they get worn out.

I also hate ****ing clothes shopping.

You speak for the both of us.
The only dresses I wouldn't wear again are things like prom dresses because at those kind of events there are always lots of photographs taken. All my other dresses are a lot more casual and I would repeatedly wear, they're all fairly simple and classic so I can mix up the shoes and accessories to make them look different anyway
I will wear the same thing until it's worn out.
It's not like I'd constantly wear the exact same thing out with the same groups of people, I'd change it up. Then again, it's not like I'd wear things once and get rid of it - that's just a complete waste and it's not like I have an infinite amount of disposable income.
Terrible thread filled with terrible spelling. It's wear not ware.

Bye.
IT'S WAR!

[video="youtube;r3BO6GP9NMY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3BO6GP9NMY[/video]
Most girls who have that attitude, due to their looks most people wouldn't really look at them anyway, so it doesn't matter if they repeat outfits :biggrin:
i try not to wear the same thing more than twice a month
Original post by Welsh_insomniac
IT'S WAR!

[video="youtube;r3BO6GP9NMY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3BO6GP9NMY[/video]

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Welsh_insomniac again.

For using The Day Today
Check your privilege. You have to be seriously rich and/or well kept to be able to buy a new dress every time you go out.

My girlfriend does this, she has racks and racks of dresses, many of which have only ever been worn once and some not at all. I think it's ridiculous, why on earth would anyone want to spunk their money on consumer goods and give the fruits of their/their families' labour right back to the corporations?

Quick Reply

Latest