The Student Room Group

Militant Islamists accused of killing a woman in Somalia for refusing to wear a veil

Reply 1
They are not "militant" they are "good" muslims.

[video="youtube;PNndF8RP7Lw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNndF8RP7Lw[/video]
The religion of peace demonstrating what 'no compulsion' actually means
In the words of Morrissey

"This story is old I know, but it goes on"
Reply 4
Original post by Radicalathiest
The religion of peace demonstrating what 'no compulsion' actually means

I'm sorry but you're twisting that no compulsion thing. While it's true nobody can force you to believe in God or pray at the same time nobody can be forced to live with you when you don't want the same thing they want.

The woman (rip) should've left way before this incident. I doubt it's a case of Muslims killing Muslims for the sake of wearing a veil. I've been to Somalia and they don't all wear veils there's no one forcing you to wear it is what I'm saying

This bbc article is propaganda by america/uk
Reply 5
Inb4 somalia hate as well. Well this is TSR...
Religious fanaticism is bad enough, but in the lawless hell-hole that is Somalia it is even more potent.
Original post by Armin.
I'm sorry but you're twisting that no compulsion thing. While it's true nobody can force you to believe in God or pray at the same time nobody can be forced to live with you when you don't want the same thing they want.

The woman (rip) should've left way before this incident. I doubt it's a case of Muslims killing Muslims for the sake of wearing a veil. I've been to Somalia and they don't all wear veils there's no one forcing you to wear it is what I'm saying

This bbc article is propaganda by america/uk

I suppose the family of the victim lied then, just so that the BBC could write what you perceive to be an attack on Islam.

Al Shabab are a militant Islamic group with a history of doing things of this nature, for you to deny this is baffling.
Reply 8
Original post by tengentoppa
I suppose the family of the victim lied then, just so that the BBC could write what you perceive to be an attack on Islam.

Al Shabab are a militant Islamic group with a history of doing things of this nature, for you to deny this is baffling.

Without photographic evidence of a dead body I'm not compelled to believe anything the BBC article claims. The West has a history of exaggerating what happens in less developed countries and in particular those in Africa i.e. Somalia. They have demonised Somalia to the point that people associate a completely lawless state where anyone can murder anyone and face little repercussion. I'm not denying that things need changing over there however the extent to which they're being portrayed over here is farcical.
Original post by Armin.

The woman (rip) should've left way before this incident.

No certain muslims shouldn't be killing people for failing to cover up

it's not that hard to understand (unless you think blaming the victim is OK)
Original post by Armin.
Inb4 somalia hate as well. Well this is TSR...

What's to love? It is after all a cesspit of a country:rolleyes:
Reply 11
No certain muslims shouldn't be killing people for failing to cover up

it's not that hard to understand (unless you think blaming the victim is OK)

In a country where Shariah law is practiced it's not out of the ordinary to expect groups like Al-shabab to use measures, however drastic they may be, to uphold said said law(s).

If you live in a country under the Shariah rule you should follow their laws or exit ASAP. I wouldn't drink and drive in the UK.
Original post by Armin.
I wouldn't drink and drive in the UK.

But we don't murder those who do 'drink and drive':rolleyes:
Reply 13
But we don't murder those who do 'drink and drive':rolleyes:

That's not the point. The point which you've skillfully evaded is that if you live in a country with particular laws, especially ones that are religiously motivated, you should follow them or leave. It's that simple. This why there's no compulsion.

Look I've been to the country and no, you're not forced to wear the veil. If anything it's a widely known fact even observable here in the UK that Somalis are not strict Muslims at all. So the article is not going well down with me - I don't believe it.
Reply 14
You ignorant crackers need to keep your unwanted opinions of African countries to yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
And who is 'we' ? Al-shabab do not represent the Somali people you fool. In fact most have to live in constant fear of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Armin.
That's not the point.

Yes it is unless you can show me where in sharia it says it;s OK to murder people if they refuse to cover up

I mean, I know it's backward as **** but even I don't think it's that backwards
Original post by Ladan9
You ignorant crackers need to keep your unwanted opinions of African countries to yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will do once we can stop feeding you and you stop claiming aslylum in our countries
Reply 18
Yeah okay then, ignore how you built your wealth off the backs of other people and keep acting like your Gods gift to the world

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ladan9
Yeah okay then, ignore how you built your wealth off the backs of other people and keep acting like your Gods gift to the world

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah collective guilt

sorry won't work here and especially not from someone who's nice and comfy in the UK:biggrin:

Quick Reply