The Student Room Group

What should I do I don't get along with my mother?

I always do the best I can to help my mother out and since I'm an only child she depends on me a lot. It's just extremely difficult living at home. I'm a fairly relaxed person I rarely ever get angry or into arguments with anybody for some reason my mums the only one who makes me angry it makes me upset. And then she complains about me to everybody an overexaggerates the situation to the extreme making it sound far worse than it actually is. Sometimes I do forget to do things but as soon as I remember I do them.
My mum just holds grudges even after those are completed she'll still be going on about it the next day. We just don't get along. I find it so hard to live with her I feel like I'm walking on eggshells trying to avoid an argument. Whenever we argue she always insults me, calling me names. I usually try to get her to stop shouting and actually talk. It doesn't work just ends up with me angry and upset because she won't stop shouting. She keeps complaining or telling people I never do anything.

Also I think she could be slightly pissed off I decided to defer my 2nd semester. I just did it without telling her. This was mainly because it's my decision an not anyone elses I didn't see the point. My reasons for it were because since leaving school after I repeated my exams, then I did a course for a year, then switched realising I'd chosen the wrong course then went on to do a new course. After the first semester the second semester I hadn't really settled I decided to defer as I didn't feel I was putting enough effort. I needed a break because I felt I rushed into college.

Me and my mother just don't get along we are like polar opposites. What should I do?It's just so hard to get along with her? I'm 21 btw.
i have the same problem with my mother i have just got to the point where i dont care what she has to say and what she tells other people i know what is really going on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending