The Student Room Group

Turkey: Women should not laugh out loud in public

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/turkey/10998133/Women-should-not-laugh-out-loud-in-public-Turkeys-deputy-prime-minister-says.html

Women should not talk about unnecessary topics on their mobiles, Turkey's Deputy PM Bulent Arınc says in an Eid al-Fitr speech

Mr Arınc urged men and women to remember the importance of chastity during an Eid al-Fitr meeting on Monday in Bursa, west Turkey, and to have an acute awareness of shame.

He attacked television programmes aimed at young people which encouraged them to become "sex addicts" to an audience which included a majority of men.

There is a moral regression happening within the country, he said, and called on citizens to rediscover the Koran, the holy book of Islam.
This is so stupid. Since when did the the Quran tell women not to laugh or be able to enjoy themselves? Is laughing in public or talking on the telephone a 'shameful act'? Exactly.
Sexist comment to women from a Muslim - I'm not at all surprised.
Original post by 29Bilal96
This is so stupid. Since when did the the Quran tell women not to laugh or be able to enjoy themselves? Is laughing in public or talking on the telephone a 'shameful act'? Exactly.

It's apparently 'inviting' - the laughing thing went along with not being inviting in their attitudes.
Original post by joker12345
It's apparently 'inviting' - the laughing thing went along with not being inviting in their attitudes.

I'm so baffled by this...does laughing encourage men to make sexual advances towards women?
Reply 5
Original post by 29Bilal96
I'm so baffled by this...does laughing encourage men to make sexual advances towards women?

Have you been to Turkey ?

[video="youtube;gROO7xSTxfY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gROO7xSTxfY[/video]
Original post by Baldness
Have you been to Turkey ?

forgive me but im somewhat confused by the relevance of the video :s-smilie:
Even if Quran says so, it doesn't matter. Turkey is, according to the constitution, a secular and democratic republic. This is an unfortunate statement which can be tolarated only by the ignorant or radical islamist turkish citizens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending