The Student Room Group

2017 vet med students

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nox1
I think so too... surely as their first interview date is the 2nd (a week tomorrow) they need to give people a week's notice?

Yeah you're right they must be sending them out about now otherwise it'll be too last minute!

Original post by llama_lauraa
I sent my UCAS on the 30th of September and heard back from them on the 12th of October. They do interviews until March though I think so try not to worry, they might just be giving interview offers out gradually :smile:

Ah ok I sent mine off just before the deadline but yeah thanks haha I'll try not to worry! :smile:
Do the invitations for interview come through email or UCAS? :/ 7 days until Nottinghams first interview and everyone I know applying there for VM has still heard nothing
Original post by Andrehaylock
Do the invitations for interview come through email or UCAS? :/ 7 days until Nottinghams first interview and everyone I know applying there for VM has still heard nothing

My interviews came through via email
Original post by llama_lauraa
My interviews came through via email

did they also show up on UCAS track and/or the university applicant portals?
Original post by VittoriaAnna

Don't think they've shown up on UCAS track but they're on the applicant portals

Some interviews won't show in UCAS at all- don't worry, as long as you hear from the university it'll be fine
Reply 1486
Ive just been offered an interview at Nottingham for the 2nd November!!! Anyone else?
Original post by amoos
Ive just been offered an interview at Nottingham for the 2nd November!!! Anyone else?

Well done! Roughly when did you submit your SJT?
Same! So exciting, I shall see you there! Congratulations

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1489
Well done! Roughly when did you submit your SJT?

I submitted it on the evening of the 18th the day after I had confirmation of my application and got sent the link to the test 😊
Original post by amoos
I submitted it on the evening of the 18th the day after I had confirmation of my application and got sent the link to the test 😊

I submitted mine the same day.. do they only let you know at this stage if you have an interview or do they also let you know if you have been rejected?
Just got an interview for Nottingham! SO HAPPY
Reply 1492
I submitted mine the same day.. do they only let you know at this stage if you have an interview or do they also let you know if you have been rejected?

To my knowledge they either place you in;

Successful- interview
Successful- hold
Unsuccessful- reject

But I'm not 100%! They interview over quite a long period so don't be too worried if you haven't heard. The Nottingham website has details of their admissions process online that goes through it all 😊
I have two interviews on the same day!! :s-smilie:

Is a good idea to say why you can't attend one (and will this jeopardise chances?!)?
Firstly, congratulations! I would probably call or email the university who sent the invite second, and let them know that you are already booked on that day. Ask to rearrange, and may be let them know it is not out of preference but of the order you received invites?
Reply 1495

So did I and haven't heard anything, I'm not worrying just yet :wink: they've only given out invites for the 2nd November so far anyway (afaik)
Original post by Inksplat
Firstly, congratulations! I would probably call or email the university who sent the invite second, and let them know that you are already booked on that day. Ask to rearrange, and may be let them know it is not out of preference but of the order you received invites?

Thank you!! I can't quite believe my luck!

I've emailed them... I'll call them tomorrow if I don't receive a reply back by then. Of all the days in a year..!! :colondollar:
Surrey interview, Nottingham Interview and BMAT all on the same day - madness
Original post by 1999megan
Surrey interview, Nottingham Interview and BMAT all on the same day - madness

Oh wow!! :flute:

I have two pm invites... so it just can't happen. Fingers crossed they'll juggle the dates!
Original post by seize_the_day
Thank you!! I can't quite believe my luck!

I've emailed them... I'll call them tomorrow if I don't receive a reply back by then. Of all the days in a year..!! :colondollar:

Best problem to have really :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending