The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Where are you From? if it's EUC then from what I've read you will treated as a home student.
Reply 2
im from india
Reply 3
Do you have british nationality?

If you do. Then your a home student. If not ... seek advice about it.
if u donot have a british nationality then you are considered as overseas, i have a friend in similar situation, he came from india just before the GCSE exams,
Reply 5
considering i missed yr 10(one year of the gcse course), i got 5A, 2B and a C.
englis, maths A, sci B. does anyone think i can get into medicine?
i know a lot of unis expect b in science maths and english as a minimum. but a lot of ppl exceed that init?
well, missing a year of GCSE study prob counts as extenuating circumstances, but i dunno. best bet is to contact the unis ur interested in
Reply 7
da problem is i have e-mailed so many unis and hav not got any reply from them except one sayin that this is the busiest time of the year and they cannot talk to me or answer any questions personally and i can only check the info on their website, which is not very helpful as my situation is quite unique.

i guess i have to call them even then i doubt if i can get hold of the admissions officer.
Reply 8
Depends on your reasons for being here... DO your parents work here, or are you here 'alone' for purposes of education?
Reply 9
my parents work here, they wrk as consultnts with the nhs. and we own a house here.
Reply 10
casablanca
my parents work here, they wrk as consultnts with the nhs. and we own a house here.

Do you have a british passport? If yes. Your a home student.

If not, then your oversea's.
Reply 11
no, i dont hav a british passport, but isnt there sumthin like if u live in uk for so many years with a permanent residence u will be seen as local candidate?

well looks like im goin to be seen as an international.:frown: too much fees
that is if i get into medcine :rolleyes:

anyway thanks for all the replies, dey were helpful
Reply 12
its late and im tired so cant really write an intelegent reply, but i hope this link helps answer your question...

http://www.ukcosa.org.uk/images/tuitionfees.pdf

good luck for applying!
Reply 13
thanks nsw that was very helpful
looks like im an international student
I think to be counted as a home student you have to have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years so will probably been seen as international.
Reply 15
are there any international students doing medicine in this forum?
Reply 16
casablanca

In that case you should be classified as a home student. UK passport, or not...
Reply 17
Happy_Holidays
I think to be counted as a home student you have to have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years so will probably been seen as international.

It's 3 years, for puposes other than education.
Reply 18
i would have lived here for three years by the time i go to uni, and the purpose is not jus education, it is to u know live in uk.
Reply 19
you will be classed as a home student if you have been living in the UK for 3 years by the time u get to uni

Latest

Trending

Trending