The Student Room Group

What to buy girlfriend for 18th?

Need to buy my girlfriend something for her 18th, however we have only been together for 2 months. So obviously i shouldn't spend too much, but then again i can't spend too little. Any advice?
Original post by studentriz
Need to buy my girlfriend something for her 18th, however we have only been together for 2 months. So obviously i shouldn't spend too much, but then again i can't spend too little. Any advice?

What does she like? Can't go wrong with flowers/chocolates/maybe a book/DVD or something?
Reply 2
Original post by Precious Illusions
What does she like? Can't go wrong with flowers/chocolates/maybe a book/DVD or something?

I'm thinking just little bits of stuff I know she likes, rather than an expensive big present. Is that a good idea?
I'm thinking just little bits of stuff I know she likes, rather than an expensive big present. Is that a good idea?

I'd say so - personally I prefer a few little bits as opposed to one expensive present but it depends on her really, some people prefer one big present :smile:

write a cute/personal message in the card and just some chocolate/jewellery i'd say. like a nice necklace if she wears necklaces :smile:

girls (I) love wearing stuff that reminds me of my boyfriend :P

well i'm not sure how close you two are after two months but this is what i'd like that isn't too expensive :P
Reply 5
Remote controlled vibrator? So you can remind her of you whenever you need to!
have you asked her friends what she wants?
have you asked her is there anything particular she wants?

I started going out with my ex just about my 18th like a couple of weeks before and he got me charms for my charm bracelet, not super expensive but the thought was there. Maybe see if she has a bracelet like that?
How about this.

Attachment not found

Or a Kenwood chef, like I bought my ex-wife.
Like others have said just get her a nice box filled with her favourite things like chocolate, DVD, a book, a picture frame with a photo in it then maybe some other girly bits and pieces (stationary,makeup, whatever she's interested in)It is a thoughtful gift and relatively cheaper :smile:. Just add a card and even a helium balloon there you go haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
take her out for a meal to her favourite restaurant? it's romantic too :smile:
A dildo
er....why are you asking here? You know her, we don't.....

Isn't this like asking "what should I buy my mum for her birthday?"
cant go wrong with some Tiffanys.

Can pick up something basic for £200.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending