The Student Room Group

How long did it take for you to get over your ex?

Ive been in a long term relationship. Almost 3 years. Guy turned out to be a cheat and was constantly depressed and blamed me for his suicidal behaviour on some ocxassions. Although this sounds crazy intense, I've been apart now for 4 months and I'm finding it impossible to get over. So I can't tell if this is taking me a long time or if this is normal? Could you guys let me know of your experiences?!

Scroll to see replies

It took me over a year to get over my ex girlfriend and she wasn't a cheat. She just took a job in New York.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Do not worry. It takes as long as it takes. My first relationship finished after 3.5 years and I was absolutely devastated for months. Took about 6 and a half months for me to finally be okay.

The only thing I can reccomend is keep as active (note: this does not mean going and getting wrecked everyday) as possible. Spend time with friends, go out, gym/exercise. Do not sit and dwell or think about it as it will really really mess you up. Just keep yourself super busy however you have to do that.

With time it will go and you wont feel that connection anymore. Just keep going. He was a cheat he is not worth your time. Focus on you for now. There will be better guys I promise.

Stay strong, dont think about him (easier said than done) and dont contact him. Cheaters are never worth it.
Original post by JulietheCat
It took me over a year to get over my ex girlfriend and she wasn't a cheat. She just took a job in New York.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poor Julie
Original post by fat_hobbit
Poor Julie

Yeah, we planned to get married and adopt. Silly me, I know that the NHS pay peanuts to doctors anyway :sad:
Reply 5
I was together with my boyfriend for 5 years and then I found out he had another relationship for 2 years. We broke up last year when I found out and i'm still not over it and it's been a year. So you are not alone but i'm getting better.
Keep yourself busy and do exciting stuff don't sit and think about it as another person said. Trust me you will find someone better and when you do you will be mad at yourself for stressing about this cheat who didnt deserve you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's been almost 3 months and I'm not there yet. It's got better though :redface:
Yeah, we planned to get married and adopt. Silly me, I know that the NHS pay peanuts to doctors anyway :sad:

why did she go to nyc?
why did she go to nyc?

Because she said and I quote: "The NHS is robbing doctors of a potential good fortune so I'm going to NYC and make tons of money."
pretty normal. I went out with someone for nearly 3 years, we broke up last summer and i think this is me just getting over it now.

I don't know if i'll ever be 100% over it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

+1rep for being a lesbo :cool:
Original post by iEatMuFFiNS
+1rep for being a lesbo :cool:

Thank you :smile:

I'm not 100% lesbo - it's more 50-50 :redface:
Reply 12

:hugs: were you unable to go with her?
Original post by james1211
:hugs: were you unable to go with her?

Yeah :frown:

I have commitments in London and I'm hoping to build my career. So for me, career is more important than relationships.
depends how serious i guess - i've never taken long to get over ex's but none were very serious...

i don't think i'd wallow over it because i'm not really that type of person. i'd remove all contact and just get on with my life - that'd be the easiest thing for me
Because she said and I quote: "The NHS is robbing doctors of a potential good fortune so I'm going to NYC and make tons of money."

Whaa?

Bit selfish on her part, no?
Whaa?

Bit selfish on her part, no?

Well, tbf, she spent a lot of money on her course, including work experience, and in order for her investment in education to be worth it, she feels she has to accept the highest offer.

The gap between the NHS pay and the pay at a lucrative hospital in NYC was huge, so she accepted the one with the bigger paycheck.
Well, tbf, she spent a lot of money on her course, including work experience, and in order for her investment in education to be worth it, she feels she has to accept the highest offer.

The gap between the NHS pay and the pay at a lucrative hospital in NYC was huge, so she accepted the one with the bigger paycheck.

They still get paid well over here tbh.

What do you want to do in your career btw?
They still get paid well over here tbh.

What do you want to do in your career btw?

I tried telling her that but she blindly took the highest paying job. :dontknow:

Maybe a teacher :smile:
Thank you :smile:

I'm not 100% lesbo - it's more 50-50 :redface:

PRSOM i just don't have enough rep lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending