The Student Room Group

Do you believe in soulmates?

I personally do but feel like I'm losing hope since I can't seem to find my significant other. What do you guys think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't. i don't believe in esoteric stuff though.

I think there are people who match us, but not because God or the universe says so.
No I don't think there is just one person - I believe there are a number of people we can live a happy life with
I think that there is one particular person out there who is a very good match but then there are several people who are quite good matches that can become the 'perfect soul mate'. Experiencias and memories make a relationship feel stronger.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Soulmates are just wishful thinking, however you can get to that standard with anyone using a combination of experiences, love, friendship and understanding.

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be frank, no.

I think it's very "hollywood".
Original post by xOHarriet
No I don't think there is just one person - I believe there are a number of people we can live a happy life with

this gurl speaks sense.
i guess not but i'll still call every guy i fall in mutual love with my soulmate :smile:
yeah i do, i believe in soulmates, i met someone who i thought was my soulmate and she was. logically, in a world where there are billions of people and thinking there is only one person out there comes out as stupid.
Reply 9
I did, and then he dumped me in a pretty bad way. And I was horrified because I genuinely thought I'd lost 'The One'. Then I listened to this and it makes you realise how stupid the idea of there being just one person for you is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaid72fqzNE
Reply 10
I believe in soulmates. 6 degrees of separation and all that. People don't because they don't cherish what God has given us and how big the world is and how diverse and beautiful the human race. They all just wanna find "love" and "get it in" with someone in their class at school or so close in proximity to them and wonder why people divorce so much. People are very lazy and boring when it comes to love. I believe your soulmate is anywhere on the globe, and that everyone also has a spiritual twin in another country (like they were born same time, same day, just a different place :awesome:). Stuff like that has happened. If you get out there and stop being pessimistic you may spot your soulmate.

But as most people don't I'd say true love is just mythological romance and only idealism. So just be yourself and accept your partner.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mistee M
I personally do but feel like I'm losing hope since I can't seem to find my significant other. What do you guys think?

Stop looking. Whatever is meant to be will be, no extra effort on your part will make the slightest bit of difference. If there is somebody who is meant for you, and you for them, then sooner or later your paths will cross.
I believe in soul mates but I believe you'll only find yours when you stop looking for it. Hang in there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't :smile: Out of the billions of people in the world, I find it hard to believe that there's just one who we're supposed to be with. I've never thought there's just one person out there who you will love and be happy with!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No no no no! Now you listen to me, whenever you ask yourself this question, jump on Youtube and watch the last episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch! Gets to me everytime :')

Soul mates do exist- have you ever seen a couple that have been together for years then suddenly something happens and it makes you worry and think what the hell, they've been together for ages how could that just happen like that? Well that's because soul mates exist and it either happened for them both to find their soul mates, OR if they were soul mates they'd find their way back to each other in the end.

Please don't give up on love, it's the closet thing to magic! :smile:
I like to believe that there is a male version of myself and at times it can be comforting to know that one day I could find him. I'm not actively searching for my soulmate though, whatever's meant to be will be.
Yes I do believe in Soulmates as I have met mine :colondollar: He's also my bestfriend and boyfriend and we are planning to get married in the near future . so my advise is everyone has a soulmate but not everyones is going to be a bf as a soulmate could be a best friend :smile:
I like to think all of us have a soulmate, whether that's actually the case in reality is another matter

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes and I think that it can be explained by the physics phenomena Quantum Entanglement but there may still be several soul mates.

Quick Reply

Latest