The Student Room Group

Saddest film scenes?

I know there's one for movies below this but I'm wondering what specific scenes, post them please if you can. Spoilers below for some films due to the thumbnail of the youtube vids, can;t be helped.....

Some of mine:

Other one's that stick out and are fairly obvious. The end of TDKR, Ladder 49, SPR, Gladiator, The Pianist, A Moment to Remember (Korean films love their melodrama, they have some hard one;s to get though), Brotherhood, Warrior, the interrogation scene in Once in a Summer (Korean), I Am Sam.

Bounds to be a ton of others. Didn't want to clog up the OP too much

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Brooks in Shawshank Redemption, THAT scene in Stand By Me, Ennis visiting Jack's parents in Brokeback and the first 15 minutes of Up.
More emotional than sad. Chills every time.

Ending of Marley and Me, teared up a bit, didn't cry
He is going home:frown:
'All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [small cough] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...'
Reply 6
Original post by Tom_green_day
'All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [small cough] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...'
That was an ad lib from Rutger.
[video="youtube;4sGR1-Wgo1M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sGR1-Wgo1M[/video]

Any death scene accompanied by the Dead Space soundtrack...as the above demonstrates quite well.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Clip
That was an ad lib from Rutger.

No, it was written in general beforehand- he just created the syntax and word choices.
Leonardo DiCaprio as Arnie Grape, a mentally handicapped boy, finding his mum has died...

[video="youtube;EejUcrRgEsE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EejUcrRgEsE[/video]

Why has this man not won an oscar yet!
"I lit up like a christmas tree"
I love Meet Joe Black!! Shame it's not a very well known film. The last scene always makes me cry and that scene where he talks about his wife the one that you put up.

The funeral in My Girl is one of the saddest movie scenes ever. That little girl played it sooo well. Even my dad cried at this scene and he never cries (Seriously I've only seen him cry like twice in my life)

And of course Jack's death in Titanic and just the ship sinking in general. Watched that film too many times so I doesn't make me cry as much as it used to.
The end of The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas.
All these ones are tame. I'd say its the scene in The Elephant Man where the elephant man hopes his mother would love him if she were alive if she could see his “lovely friends” (Treves and his wife), bearing in mind he thinks she would not love him as a normal child because of his disfigurement.
Also the scene in The Book Thief where Liesel's parents die
The first ten minutes of up
The scene in the green mile where John Coffey gets killed, right in the feels...
Original post by Trihawk7
Ending of Marley and Me, teared up a bit, didn't cry

Have you watched Hachi: A Dog's Tale? I managed to hold it together for Marley & Me but Hachi destroyed me. Saddest film I've ever seen by a mile.
As another post as has already said, John Coffey's execution. I've never cried so much at a movie before. Its also my all time favourite movie. [video="youtube;W-8i-bp7Pjs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-8i-bp7Pjs[/video]
The bit in pursuit of happyness where they have to stay in the subway toilet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest