The Student Room Group

Things that are making you anxious right now

V close to drinking myself to sleep. I'm anxious about my new job, anxious about meeting new people and not fitting in, anxious about the fact I will prob not trust anyone in a very long time, anxious about my friend who basically removed me from her life. It never ends. How about you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I use to worry a lot about my future, career, medical condition etc but nowadays i'm like... meh, idgaf.

Don't worry, be happy!

But yes, idgaf.
I'm anxious about never finding a job, and that I'm wasting my life right now. I'm also anxious about my birthday... I hate being centre of attention, but at the same time I'm anxious that nobody is going to make a fuss and I'll just be let down by friends/family.
Reply 4
Anxious about my papa starting dialysis
Anxious about getting my first tattoo soon
Anxious about going from part time to full time at uni this year

I'm not overly anxious but if I had to pick some things that are worrying me, even just a little, these would be it atm.
Food. I have the chance to recover from my eating disorder but I can't stand the idea of doing that. I relapsed just 2 months ago and it's still early days so this is the perfect time to at least attempt recovery, but still, the idea of food not taking over my life is terrifying because worrying about what goes into my mouth stops me from worrying about worse ****. :dontknow:
Reply 6
Anxious about moving into my new house for uni.
Worried about how I'm basically wasting my youth, there are some many other things I could be doing with my life than what I currently do (piss all!).
Mildly worried that drunk me is the real me because the things I say when drunk slightly worry me...
Reply 7
Original post by Vixen47
Food. I have the chance to recover from my eating disorder but I can't stand the idea of doing that. I relapsed just 2 months ago and it's still early days so this is the perfect time to at least attempt recovery, but still, the idea of food not taking over my life is terrifying because worrying about what goes into my mouth stops me from worrying about worse ****. :dontknow:

Good luck man, I hope you've got the right support around you :^_^:
The only thing that's making me anxious is work :afraid: I'm sat in the car park waiting until I absolutely have to go in. Feel like boss is realising I'm not the person she thought I was in interview. I just don't have the technical knowledge needed, don't really...know...what I'm doing.
I'm surprised nobody has said RESULTS DAY yet.
Freshers week
Nothing, which is extremely rare for me.
results day
ukcat
personal statement
EPQ
US universities - applications + essays
SAT's

:'(
Reply 13
Anxious that I won't "find someone", especially since realising how difficult meeting people can be whilst working full time. :frown:
Anxious about going back to uni next year knowing nobody.
Just plans for the future:sad: Always got that at the back of my mind, must try not to think about it though:sad:
Reply 15
I'm anxious about making sure my gap year goes well (I'm bad at taking the leap to do fun things)
Also anxious about writing personal statement/ finding universities to apply to
+ I should have emailed what report topics I've come up with for my subject but I can't bring myself to research

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got a second interview for a new job this afternoon where I have to present a case study and I've been given unfamiliar data.

Worried I've not done what they were expecting.
Employment. I apparently have a job lined up but paranoid I'll mysteriously be rejected. In my life I've often had the bad luck of having things I've hoped for ripped away from me.

I'm also worried about my sister. She was recently hospitalised. She doesn't manage her condition well and I don't know how to help her as I live so far. I already care (low level pt) for my gran.

I'm also anxious about losing my weight. I've been fairly good for circa 5 months and I fear I'll lose the drive.

That's it rly. A lot less than usual so Kero is overall good!
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Got a second interview for a new job this afternoon where I have to present a case study and I've been given unfamiliar data.

Worried I've not done what they were expecting.

Not doing what they were expecting is a good thing. Best of luck :smile:
Original post by Jooooshy
Not doing what they were expecting is a good thing. Best of luck :smile:

I think you're right actually, if I get the job I'll be only the second member of a brand new team. I think a new/different perspective on things would be just what they are looking for. Thanks :h:

Quick Reply

Latest