The Student Room Group

Would you date a woman who has had an abortion?

Personally I just could not enter a relationship with a woman who has done that to an unborn child.

Scroll to see replies

I would, it's not a big deal.
Reply 2
Nope, would never date a murderer
Depending on the reason, yes I would.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Out of curiosity, why wouldn't you? What if she was a young teenager when she had the abortion? What if she was in a situation she didn't believe was good for raising a child? What if she was raped? Or coerced into having sex by her boyfriend? What if she just didn't want children? To be fair, everyone has their own things that are dealbreakers and it's not my business to judge, I'm just wondering how many guys are outright against women having abortions.
Yeah, of course.
Reply 6
I don't see why that would be a problem.
Original post by Gambit92
Nope, would never date a murderer

That rules out most hygienic people.

http://gk-germkiller.com/#page=page-1
Reply 8
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Out of curiosity, why wouldn't you? What if she was a young teenager when she had the abortion? What if she was in a situation she didn't believe was good for raising a child? What if she was raped? Or coerced into having sex by her boyfriend? What if she just didn't want children? To be fair, everyone has their own things that are dealbreakers and it's not my business to judge, I'm just wondering how many guys are outright against women having abortions.

If she was raped then I would make an exception.

Under any other circumstance, I just could not date her. I can't be with someone who could end a life so callously.
Reply 9
Eh, have no moral qualms about abortion so yep.
Original post by #Ridwan
If she was raped then I would make an exception.

Under any other circumstance, I just could not date her. I can't be with someone who could end a life so callously.

I personally don't think it's that simple. I mean yes, you could argue that you could just put children up for adoption, but I believe every woman should have the right to chose what she does with the pregnancy without being judged for it. I'd rather somebody abort their child than go through with the pregnancy and then mistreat or neglect their child, or have them put in a home and potentially growing up in a really unhappy environment. I think it's ghastly to give birth to a child and then abuse them like that. If someone's going to be that kind of person, they're better off not having kids. Or you know, with young mothers I totally respect that they should be able to grow up and have their own childhood without having to worry about raising a child. But then my dealbreaker is people using any kind of illegal drugs, I just think that's dodgy territory for someone who wants to be a pharmacist. So everyone has their own thing, I just don't think abortion is as 'evil' as it's made out to be.
yes. I don't think abortion is immoral.
Haha some of these answers are pathetic. I'm sure these same boys who say they wouldn't date a girl who had a termination would be even less likely to date her if she had a kid!
Yeah, I don't care at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The question essentially comes down to are you pro life or pro choice? Pro lifers will take issue, pro choicers won't care.
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Haha some of these answers are pathetic. I'm sure these same boys who say they wouldn't date a girl who had a termination would be even less likely to date her if she had a kid!

I don't see anything pathetic about though, though I'm 100% pro-choice. People have a right to their views and some people view a foetus as a life and abortion as murder, and would understandably not want to be with someone who'd casually kill what they view as sacred and important.
Just because you disagree with abortion doesn't also mean you can't choose not to date people with children - many young people wouldn't want to date someone with a child. The chances of getting pregnant are minute if protection is used properly, most people get pregnant because they didn't use protection properly or even didn't use it at all.
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88

If they don't, so what? lulz...insecure?
Reply 17
I would.
Can't believe how many ignorant anti-abortionsits there are on this forum, disturbing
I would but it depends on the reasons why, and how it has affected her.

Quick Reply

Latest