The Student Room Group

What would you do if you don't get into uni or don't get the grades you want?

I'd cry uncontrollably.

I don't even care about my A levels, just let me in! D:

Scroll to see replies

Apply the following year
Take a gap year
Study Alevels again
Look for apprenticeships
Move abroad
If I don't get the grades I require for Medicine, I'd do resits and apply to do another course.
Not sure what course but it won't be the end of the world.
I already have enough UCAS points for certain low-end courses anyway so I'm not worrying too much about not having a future!
Reply 3
Cry before pulling myself together and considering clearing, or taking a gap year to improve my grades. My parents wouldn't be happy though
Original post by Black Cat
Apply the following year
Take a gap year
Study Alevels again
Look for apprenticeships
Move abroad

Original post by keromedic
If I don't get the grades I require for Medicine, I'd do resits and apply to do another course.
Not sure what course but it won't be the end of the world.
I already have enough UCAS points for certain low-end courses anyway so I'm not worrying too much about not having a future!

Wow you guys are so calm O.O I know I'd have to apply for an art foundation degree for a year before applying for UCAS next year.

Original post by Ndella
Cry before pulling myself together and considering clearing, or taking a gap year to improve my grades. My parents wouldn't be happy though

I'm the same as you! Except it isn't my parents who'd be disappointed, it'd be my brother -.-
Original post by janicee
Wow you guys are so calm O.O I know I'd have to apply for an art foundation degree for a year before applying for UCAS next year.

I was already planning to take 2 gap years. It's not like I'm waiting to confirm my offer. I never applied.
I'll apply post-results!

I already know I've probably not done well.
Reply 6
Original post by janicee

I'm the same as you! Except it isn't my parents who'd be disappointed, it'd be my brother -.-

Aww you can tell he cares about you :smile: He wants what's best for his sister :tongue:
Original post by Ndella

:hugs:

I'd cry a lot too. My parents would be very disappointed and angry.
I'd then find a clearing course
Cry. Look through clearing. Cry. Look for apprenticeships. Cry. Re-sit my a levels. Cry. Cry. Cry.
Original post by keromedic
I was already planning to take 2 gap years. It's not like I'm waiting to confirm my offer. I never applied.
I'll apply post-results!

I already know I've probably not done well.

You might not have done as bad as you thought you did, you could be surprised :smile: and that's lucky then, what are you planning on doing in your gap years? ^-^

Original post by Ndella
Aww you can tell he cares about you :smile: He wants what's best for his sister :tongue:

Haha yeah xD thanks :smile: I'm just afraid of disappointing him. He's sure I'll get in and he's put a lot of pressure on me.
Original post by anonymouspie227
:hugs:

I'd cry a lot too. My parents would be very disappointed and angry.
I'd then find a clearing course

Original post by Jordanap
Cry. Look through clearing. Cry. Look for apprenticeships. Cry. Re-sit my a levels. Cry. Cry. Cry.

Guys we can be sad together! :cheers:
If it does happen, just remember you're not the only person in that situation as lots of other people will feel the same way too! Good luck though people! Let's just hope it doesn't happen :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by janicee
You might not have done as bad as you thought you did, you could be surprised :smile: and that's lucky then, what are you planning on doing in your gap years? ^-^

Haha yeah xD thanks :smile: I'm just afraid of disappointing him. He's sure I'll get in and he's put a lot of pressure on me.

Guys we can be sad together! :cheers:
If it does happen, just remember you're not the only person in that situation as lots of other people will feel the same way too! Good luck though people! Let's just hope it doesn't happen :smile:

:cheers: is also what I'll be doing the day before, results day, and most likely the day after
:cheers: is also what I'll be doing the day before, results day, and most likely the day after

Haha yes, you can drown your sorrows or celebrate! :laugh:
It's a pretty good idea :wink:
Original post by janicee
Haha yes, you can drown your sorrows or celebrate! :laugh:
It's a pretty good idea :wink:

Yep, I'll be sure not to tell anyone which one it is :colondollar:
Build a new life for myself in the Cape Verde Islands as a hunter gatherer.
Yep, I'll be sure not to tell anyone which one it is :colondollar:

Lol xD I don't think I'd be able to hide mine with my weird, strangled sobbing :facepalm:

Original post by martin jol
Build a new life for myself in the Cape Verde Islands as a hunter gatherer.

That is an awesome idea! Can I join? :biggrin:
internship/apprenticeship at a chemical engineering firm preferably
Original post by janicee
Lol xD I don't think I'd be able to hide mine with my weird, strangled sobbing :facepalm:

You're right, that's a bit of a giveaway :/
You're right, that's a bit of a giveaway :/

Hahaha yes it is, we could lie and say we have hay fever which messes with our lungs so we can't breathe properly :dontknow:

Original post by precious maro
internship/apprenticeship at a chemical engineering firm preferably

Woaah that sounds like such a cool back up choice :h:
Reply 18
Don't really get what the mega-stress is about tbh.
I mean yeah not getting the grades perfectly right the first time around might set you back a year, but that's more inconvenient than life-shattering. The odd retake here and there won't necessarily mean you'll be disadvantaged in the second round of applications either. So,dk.
Original post by janicee
Hahaha yes it is, we could lie and say we have hay fever which messes with our lungs so we can't breathe properly :dontknow:

Woaah that sounds like such a cool back up choice :h:

hopefully I make my grades and there would be no need for a backup

Quick Reply

Latest