The Student Room Group

His ex was really pretty and I feel insecure

I've been speaking to this guy for a few weeks now (we met on Tinder), and we're about to have our first 'date' on Friday. I really like him and we seem to get on really well.

However, I've been going on the obligatory Facebook stalk and came across some photos of him and his ex from about a year ago. She's really pretty, like stunning. I feel so apprehensive about meeting him because I'm never going to be as pretty as she is. How do I get stupid thoughts out of my mind?
Reply 1
Are you male, female or not sure ?

Assuming female, you are like a moth to a flame.

So weak, so desperate, so available, so feeble, so needy.

Any bloke with a decent amount of testosterone and some brains ...you are mincemeat.
Reply 2
Original post by Baldness

Any bloke with a decent amount of testosterone and some brains ...you are mincemeat.

Yeah I'm a female. He seems really nice, a lot different to some of the other guys I've dated but perhaps that might just be me trying to look for the good in everyone
Reply 3
Bump :colondollar:
Original post by Baldness

what?
Heh, my boyfriend's ex is absolutely stunning. It used to really bother me, but then I figured 'what's the point?' He's with me, not with her. Sure, she's pretty, but she was a bitch and looks aren't everything. So, I got over it, 'cause confidence is sexy. :sexface:
Reply 6
Original post by Freudian Slip
Heh, my boyfriend's ex is absolutely stunning. It used to really bother me, but then I figured 'what's the point?' He's with me, not with her. Sure, she's pretty, but she was a bitch and looks aren't everything. So, I got over it, 'cause confidence is sexy. :sexface:

I think personality is the only thing I have left, praying she was some kind of horrid person, sadly I doubt it but either way I'll just have to get over it. Don't wanna jeopardise something because someone is prettier than me
A girl can be better looking than you without being anywhere near as sexy/attractive to a guy.
No such thing as an objective measure of attractiveness, thread is void.
OP is the preferred female, that is all that is relevant.
Reply 9
Original post by Huskaris
A girl can be better looking than you without being anywhere near as sexy/attractive to a guy.

Hmm yeah that's true, guess I just need to remind myself of that, thank you!
Looks are overated.

Spoiler

Reply 11
Original post by cole-slaw

Pretty much this. How do you know she was more attractive? Doesn't make sense, you're only seeing her from your eyes not his.
Original post by cole-slaw

I reckon I forget that sometimes because it's easy to believe that there is only one form of attractiveness and if you don't conform, then you are not attractive.
Original post by Anonymous
I reckon I forget that sometimes because it's easy to believe that there is only one form of attractiveness and if you don't conform, then you are not attractive.

Everyone has different tastes, I have one mate who is only attracted to obese women. I **** you not.
Original post by james1211
Pretty much this. How do you know she was more attractive? Doesn't make sense, you're only seeing her from your eyes not his.

Thats true. I genuinely believe he is a decent guy and doesn't seem to be superficial
Original post by Freudian Slip
Heh, my boyfriend's ex is absolutely stunning. It used to really bother me, but then I figured 'what's the point?' He's with me, not with her. Sure, she's pretty, but she was a ***** and looks aren't everything. So, I got over it, 'cause confidence is sexy. :sexface:

Yes! Confidence is important
Good looking men get most of the matches on tinder and are happy dating any girl especially for short term relationships maybe not a serious relationship
Original post by Anonymous
Good looking men get most of the matches on tinder and are happy dating any girl especially for short term relationships maybe not a serious relationship

Agreed

Latest

Trending

Trending