The Student Room Group

People who say " I don't know how you can eat that at this time in the morning"

As if the time of day means anything in regards to food consumption, I see nothing crazy about eating pizza, chow mein, currys etc in the morning.. what difference does it make.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Completely agree with you there, sometimes i feel like eating a burger for breakfast, sometimes i feel like eating eggs and toast for lunch/dinner :dontknow:
Original post by Ana81
As if the time of day means anything in regards to food consumption, I see nothing crazy about eating pizza, chow mein, currys etc in the morning.. what difference does it make.

Posted from TSR Mobile

you must be single.usually only single people feel like that.I have never had a girlfriend tell me she would like a double chili cheeseburger and chili cheese fries for breakfast.
Original post by emobambam
you must be single.usually only single people feel like that.I have never had a girlfriend tell me she would like a double chili cheeseburger and chili cheese fries for breakfast.

The least subtle put down and brag about having a girlfriend! Bravo:congrats:
I couldn't agree with you more. Why does the time of day lend itself to a particular category of food? It does not. The reason toast/cereal etc are for breakfast is because people are in too much of a hurry to cook for themselves, because 99% of people time their mornings so that they have their spare time in the evening, and thus wake up as shortly as possible before work.
Very true actually.
It is not so much the time of day as what you eat that is more important. Too many high calorie take aways at any time of day seems a recipe for obesity.
I don't like eating in the mornings, not until about 11am, so I'm having to force something down first thing now that I'm working full time. It is pretty much a handful of cereal. The thought of a fry up right now at 7am would churn my stomach, I'm just not hungry in the morning :dontknow:

I only find it relevant when talking about breakfast. I agree with you if it's any other time of day, like if I'm having cereal for dinner and they're like 'wtf that's just for breakfast' :indiff:
Original post by DeceitfulDove
I'm just not hungry in the morning :dontknow:

Stop having dinner. You'll lose weight, you'll sleep better, and you'll be hungry for breakfast.
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Stop having dinner. You'll lose weight, you'll sleep better, and you'll be hungry for breakfast.

Dinner as in...midday or dinner as in 6pm? But I'm hungry then :puppyeyes: I might force down a big cereal today and go to lunch late at 2pm. Then ill be able to have something teeny for dinner and I might end up being hungry in the morn. I'm 60kg don't wanna lose weight :lol:

Nobody cares
I could not for example eat a roast dinner, a curry, or anything else like that in the morning.. by the sounds of it you all have no palate lol..
I find it a bit weird that people can eat that stuff in the morning. I've never had any set meal times but I definitely couldn't eat a burger or a pizza for breakfast.
Original post by ryan9900
I find it a bit weird that people can eat that stuff in the morning. I've never had any set meal times but I definitely couldn't eat a burger or a pizza for breakfast.

I think it depends on how you view food, whats pizza? Cheese on toast, and lets face it there are millions around the world who eat rice for breakfast (although maybe not through choice). Its just that in the developed world we are taught to eat certain foods at certain times. I'm not sure if there is any problem with digesting different foods at different times but can't see any reason why there would be.
Original post by mature35
I think it depends on how you view food, whats pizza? Cheese on toast, and lets face it there are millions around the world who eat rice for breakfast (although maybe not through choice). Its just that in the developed world we are taught to eat certain foods at certain times. I'm not sure if there is any problem with digesting different foods at different times but can't see any reason why there would be.

Oh yeah I completely agree with that. Just on a personal level, I'd probably end up feeling pretty sick if I had a lot of food very early in the morning. It's more than likely just a case of not being used to it.
I wouldn't generally want things like pizza for breakfast but I'll eat it as such if it's around (leftovers etc).

A lot of this is simply cultural. I once has soup for breakfast at my partner's parents' and her mum thought it was weird!

RE some people not wanting to eat in the morning: most (younger) people tend to have a natural sleep cycle which is quite late (i.e. naturally fall asleep in the early morning and naturally wake up 9-12). If you have that and force yourself awake early for social or more likely work/education reasons the your body just hasn't caught up and of course your appetite won't be there yet. I'd bet if you were just left to wake up when ever your body felt like it you'd be hungry quite quickly afterwards.

For the sake of adding to the group:
I tend to have things like yoghurt and fruit (and sometimes something like oats), bacon rolls, cooked breakfast (eggs, bacon, beans,maybe some sausages), toast and soup etc for breakfast.
Reply 16

WRONG I have a gf and child

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes...

We bought a curry the other night and i ate what was left of it for breakfast.

Cold curry = best breakfast ever!
Oh, and chips from the local chippy when it has had time to soak up all the salt and vinegar!
I too have no issue with eating almost anything for breakfast. The other day I made steak and garlic and herb potatoes for breaking, and had ice cream for lunch. I eat what I want, when I want, foods should not be reserved for specific times of the day, that's outrageous.

Quick Reply

Latest