The Student Room Group
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe

Welcome Pack from uni?

Hi, I hold a conditional offer for nursing based on my A-level results. I received a welcome pack with a letter stating "following an offer on the BSc Child Nursing Course", another letter saying welcome to the course, then follows my first week timetable, uniform fitting, information about clinical placements, what I have to take to enrolment, a form to attach my photo to for my student ID card and I've also been allocated a student ID number. What does this mean? Many of my friends who already study at the university says this means I'm in and the way it reads is like I have been offered a place but I'm confused because results day hasn't arrived yet. Please help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry I posted this in the wrong bit, I don't know how to move it :;

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe
Original post by Charlottehall96
Sorry I posted this in the wrong bit, I don't know how to move it :;

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which uni would you liked it moved to? :smile:
Reply 3
Usually they would only send the welcome pack if you have a conditional offer once you have met the grade requirements.

Like you said it's strange that they have already sent it out as we are still waiting for results. Even if they had sent them early to make sure they arrived on results day they must of sent them far to early - Most likely an administrative error nevertheless it would appear you have got in but I wouldn't start celebrating just yet.
Original post by Nirgilis
Which uni would you liked it moved to? :smile:

Bucks new uni please:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dan.E
Usually they would only send the welcome pack if you have a conditional offer once you have met the grade requirements.

Like you said it's strange that they have already sent it out as we are still waiting for results. Even if they had sent them early to make sure they arrived on results day they must of sent them far to early - Most likely an administrative error nevertheless it would appear you have got in but I wouldn't start celebrating just yet.

Okay thank you! I haven't started celebrating just yet. Excited with an element of caution at the moment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bucks new uni please:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hat2:
I think youre in too as Unis and UCAS get the results earlier (before results day). Log onto UCAS today and it says they are busy sorting out results from the 28th to the 4th. Hope this helps.
Original post by sakhemamoe
I think youre in too as Unis and UCAS get the results earlier (before results day). Log onto UCAS today and it says they are busy sorting out results from the 28th to the 4th. Hope this helps.

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I hold a conditional offer for nursing based on my A-level results. I received a welcome pack with a letter stating "following an offer on the BSc Child Nursing Course", another letter saying welcome to the course, then follows my first week timetable, uniform fitting, information about clinical placements, what I have to take to enrolment, a form to attach my photo to for my student ID card and I've also been allocated a student ID number. What does this mean? Many of my friends who already study at the university says this means I'm in and the way it reads is like I have been offered a place but I'm confused because results day hasn't arrived yet. Please help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Charlottehall96. We do normally send out information packs to students before hand so that they have some information about the course. This is normal so don't worry.

We wish you luck with your results day tomorrow!

Bucks New University
Original post by Bucks New University
Hi Charlottehall96. We do normally send out information packs to students before hand so that they have some information about the course. This is normal so don't worry.

We wish you luck with your results day tomorrow!

Bucks New University

Thank you, I got in :biggrin:
Congratulations! All your hard work has paid off! :smile: We look forward to seeing you in September.

Bucks New University
Original post by Bucks New University
Congratulations! All your hard work has paid off! :smile: We look forward to seeing you in September.

Bucks New University

See you in September!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest