The Student Room Group

WJEC A2 English Literature 6/6/14 grade boundaries predictions.

Hey!

Anyone done the WJEC A2 Eng lit exam on the 6th June 2014?

What do you think you've got, and any rough ideas on grade boundaries compared to the past years? :smile:
Original post by nadenemeatsix
Hey!

Anyone done the WJEC A2 Eng lit exam on the 6th June 2014?

What do you think you've got, and any rough ideas on grade boundaries compared to the past years? :smile:

I'll move this in to English Literature for you :smile:
This is the exam that I flopped so badly :frown: What texts did you do?
Original post by Anonymous #2
This is the exam that I flopped so badly :frown: What texts did you do?

Oh really? :frown: I done Chaucer's The Wife of Bath for section A (unseen poetry) and for section B, I done Shakespeare's Tempest and Marlowe's Dr Faustus!

You? :smile:
Oh really? :frown: I done Chaucer's The Wife of Bath for section A (unseen poetry) and for section B, I done Shakespeare's Tempest and Marlowe's Dr Faustus!

You? :smile:

I did Wife of Bath too! How did you find the unseen poetry? For section B I did Richard II and Edward II.
I did Wife of Bath too! How did you find the unseen poetry? For section B I did Richard II and Edward II.

Ahh yes! um, it wasn't too bad - definitely the hardest part, but I done my best, and I didn't overuse the unseen text - you? Also, what do you think you've got? (grade wise!)
Ahh yes! um, it wasn't too bad - definitely the hardest part, but I done my best, and I didn't overuse the unseen text - you? Also, what do you think you've got? (grade wise!)

I found it really hard but it's only a small part of the AOs so hopefully it won't effect me too much. Honestly, I think, with a kind examiner, I'll be looking at a D. I need a B to meet my offer, just praying everything works out. How about you?
I found it really hard but it's only a small part of the AOs so hopefully it won't effect me too much. Honestly, I think, with a kind examiner, I'll be looking at a D. I need a B to meet my offer, just praying everything works out. How about you?

Ah yeah, um maybe got a C - not too sure! I only need a C for my offer, so hopefully I get AAC or maybe AAB!
Ah yeah, um maybe got a C - not too sure! I only need a C for my offer, so hopefully I get AAC or maybe AAB!

Good luck!
Good luck!

Thank you, you too!

Wasn't aware that the grade boundaries changed?

I think they'll be quite high in that case. Thought the paper was easier than most previous years.
Original post by alexmufc1995
Wasn't aware that the grade boundaries changed?

I think they'll be quite high in that case. Thought the paper was easier than most previous years.

They change yearly! they decide on the boundries once they've looked at papers and seen how students have performed. Yeah same here. Not that I want them to be high!
They change yearly! they decide on the boundries once they've looked at papers and seen how students have performed. Yeah same here. Not that I want them to be high!

Ah really? Do you have a link to the past boundaries?

I would have thought they'd have a similar range of scores every year :colondollar:
Original post by alexmufc1995
Ah really? Do you have a link to the past boundaries?

I would have thought they'd have a similar range of scores every year :colondollar:

https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/ There's 2011, 2012 and 2013 - they're for modules though. So LT1, LT2, LT3 and LT4 :smile: The boundries have only moved by like 2/3 marks each year though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending