The Student Room Group

AS12N?

Hi I recieved this letter from UCAS that reads:

AS12N

Please read ALL of the information in this letter
Dear Mr ******
Congratulations. This letter confirms your place and any agreed changes at The University of (with a Year in Industry), **** course, subject to your meeting any outstanding non-academic conditions. The course starts in September 2014 with a start year of 1.
Non-academic conditions may include inoculations, satisfactory medical report, police checks, etc. Please re-read the details of your offer and check with your university or college if you are unsure whether these or any other non-academic conditions apply in your case.

**My course is an IT-based one.**

Questions:

"Am I definitely going to Uni then?"

"How long will it take for the Uni to go through the non-acedemic conditions"

"Will I be sent any more letters out regarding the Uni and acceptance or is that it? My bank said to open a student account I need the proper confirmation letter from the uni"
Original post by BritishNC
Hi I recieved this letter from UCAS that reads:

AS12N

Please read ALL of the information in this letter
Dear Mr ******
Congratulations. This letter confirms your place and any agreed changes at The University of (with a Year in Industry), **** course, subject to your meeting any outstanding non-academic conditions. The course starts in September 2014 with a start year of 1.
Non-academic conditions may include inoculations, satisfactory medical report, police checks, etc. Please re-read the details of your offer and check with your university or college if you are unsure whether these or any other non-academic conditions apply in your case.

**My course is an IT-based one.**

Questions:

"Am I definitely going to Uni then?"

"How long will it take for the Uni to go through the non-acedemic conditions"

"Will I be sent any more letters out regarding the Uni and acceptance or is that it? My bank said to open a student account I need the proper confirmation letter from the uni"

Are you still waiting for results? If so contact your university to make sure that this isn't an error.

Do you know what non-academic conditions the university are waiting for - did it specify in your offer? Again if you don't know contact your university to find out.

An AS12 is the official confirmation letter that banks should accept for a student account. Any other correspondence will depend on the university. Again contact your university to find out what they're planning on sending.
Reply 2
Nope, both my firm and insurance were confirmed on UCAS. Our college sends the results directly to the University and I then got an accommodation offer.

Will give it another week or so, but thanks!
Nope, both my firm and insurance were confirmed on UCAS. Our college sends the results directly to the University and I then got an accommodation offer.

Will give it another week or so, but thanks!

If you mean you don't know what the non-academic conditions are then please don't wait. In a a weeks time universities will be swamped dealing with the A level results so you might struggle to get through or not get dealt with properly. Best to ring today or tomorrow and find out what they are waiting for.
Reply 4
The rest of the letter reads

You cannot now apply to another university or college through Clearing. To check your next steps, including whether you are eligible to register for Adjustment, visit www.ucas.com. This letter acts as proof of your place for education authorities and banks so it is important that you keep it.

If the university or college listed was your insurance choice, this means that your application to your firm choice has been unsuccessful. If you believe your firm choice should have accepted you, please contact the university or college immediately.

If you will definitely be taking up your place you need take no action. The university or college will send you joining instructions before you start your course.

If your course starts in 2014 and you are thinking of deferring your entry to 2015, you need to immediately contact the university or college direct to discuss whether they are prepared to allow you to do this.

If you decide not to take up your place you must now contact the university or college at the following: notify@***.ac.uk
The rest of the letter reads

You cannot now apply to another university or college through Clearing. To check your next steps, including whether you are eligible to register for Adjustment, visit www.ucas.com. This letter acts as proof of your place for education authorities and banks so it is important that you keep it.

If the university or college listed was your insurance choice, this means that your application to your firm choice has been unsuccessful. If you believe your firm choice should have accepted you, please contact the university or college immediately.

If you will definitely be taking up your place you need take no action. The university or college will send you joining instructions before you start your course.

If your course starts in 2014 and you are thinking of deferring your entry to 2015, you need to immediately contact the university or college direct to discuss whether they are prepared to allow you to do this.

If you decide not to take up your place you must now contact the university or college at the following: notify@***.ac.uk

Yes that's a standard letter: http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/advisers-and-referees/guides-and-resources/applicant-letters-and-guides

The bit about non-academic conditions is something you still need to resolve though.
Mine says that too, I had to send my results to the uni myself so I presumed that's what it meant. Don't think it's a big deal if nothing has been mentioned.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I just checked and my course doesn't require any non-academic conditions - whereas something like a degree in health and social care would.

Looks like i'm good to go.
Reply 8
Congratulations. This letter confirms your place and any agreed changes at The University of Liverpool for the Software Development ************, subject to your meeting any outstanding non-academic conditions. The course starts in September 2014 with a start year of 1.

What happens next? Am I definitely going to Uni?

I tried to switch to a student bank account but they said this isn't the proper confirmation letter.

Confused

HelppPPppp

ty :smile:
Congratulations. This letter confirms your place and any agreed changes at The University of Liverpool for the Software Development ************, subject to your meeting any outstanding non-academic conditions. The course starts in September 2014 with a start year of 1.

What happens next? Am I definitely going to Uni?

I tried to switch to a student bank account but they said this isn't the proper confirmation letter.

Confused

HelppPPppp

ty :smile:

Log onto UCAS to look for any non-academic conditions. If nothing is listed try contacting the university directly for clarification :smile:
Reply 10
Was no non-academic conditions! Thanks bud
Was no non-academic conditions! Thanks bud

You need to ask your university what is outstanding.

Noone on tsr can answer your questions. Staff at liverpool uni can.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending