The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

whos staying at discovery heights?

anyone staying in unite halls in plymouth?
im staying at discovery heights
i know we get the keys on the 1st of septmeber but when do most people move in?
that seems abit early to me considering freshers doesnt begin til what the 18th or sumthing
also does anyone know what we dont/do need to take asin like cutlery, duvet cover etc

Scroll to see replies

Im stayin in Discovery Heights. Gonna go in on the 1st of Sept and pick up my keys.
Not to sure bout cutlery & duvet cover, they aint on the lists that they sent out on the welcome pack so I assume that we will need to take them. Cutlery, plates, etc is prob sumthin that you will sort out with your flat mates when they get there.
I went in about a week ago and there were quite a few people still there over the summer so wont be alone if you go down that early.
Apparently Unite set up some activities the week before freshers so you can get to know your new flat mates. Sounds like its gonna be a laugh.
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
Watch out for the rats!
Reply 3
nikk
Watch out for the rats!

They eat people don't you know.

A fair amount of people live in the UNITE buildings over summer, my flatmate being one of them. People will start moving in from anytime between now and freshers :wink:

Come to think about it, I need to book my train ticket :redface:
Reply 4
I'm staying on the third floor of Discovery Heights. Will probably move in around the 14th.
Reply 5
cool i am on the third floor too dont know when im moving in sometime before freshers
Reply 6
Are you Car Park Side or Road Side? I'm sharing with 7 people, non smoking,Car Park side.Even though I'm a first year, I believe I am mostly staying with second years.Which is a advantage in a way.Hopefully they will be able to tell me which clubs are the best on what nights, Or they could just screw over the fresher instead.Discovery Heights is a great location.Just across the road and your in your lecture.This means at least a extra five mins in bed.My main reason for chosing Discovery Heights.I do think the internet rent is a bit pricey tho.
Anyhow Gotta run
Reply 7
cool i dunno wat side im on what number r you? im with all first years i think. my friend whos also staying at discovery heights is overlooking the car park i know but dunno wat floor. we will porbably moving down quite late like the 15th i hope we dont miss out on the stuff unite r aparently organising.
Reply 8
I believe I'm in 306.So thats good that you know someone when you first come down to plymouth. I will be a loner, so as you said I hope we dont miss too much of the fun stuff. The posts on this website suggest that freshers week is quite lame compared to other uni's, but at the end of the day it is what you make it.What are you going to study by the way?.
Reply 9
haha no way im in flat 304! so u aint gonna be far from me. i trying to get my friend to come earlier as it seems most people will be mowign down 12th 13th kinda time.altho ill prolly go on the 15th as its pay day for me so can partyyyy with ease.im doing psychology. what about you?
Reply 10
That's quite freaky.I will have to see if i can spot you out.
I get paid on the 15th as well,a friday. Always a dangerous combination:smile: .I'm studying Civil Engineering.
Have you had any information given to you about freshers week? Like where you have to be etc ? Just that i havent heard anything yet, and i will be gutted if I miss out on anything big.
Hoping on joining the basketball, surf and rowing teams when i'm down there. just hope that they are all not on the same day.
Reply 11
Car park side, eh?

Let me know if you see any hobos going at it :P
Reply 12
well i got like a timetable thing for freshers week like meetings and stuff. if tahst what you mean? if u eman like fun stuff i havent had anything. yeh i wanan join sum clubs too.
Reply 13
You moved in yet? Got here thrusday. Met some wired people already but its all good.Need to met some normal people soon tho.......
Hope you have internet otherwise this post is pretty pointless :smile:
Reply 14
Nix!
Car park side, eh?

Let me know if you see any hobos going at it :P

haha. my first memory of discovery heights was exactly that. when i moved in last year, i had been there for about 2 hours and was having a beer in the kitchen when i noticed a few police cars out back. seemed they were splitting up the hobo that lives in the salvation army bit from a random female hobo that was spitting in the guys face!

word of warning, the internet access in d. heights is absolutely atrocious and if you actually want anything done you have to do it at like 4am.
Reply 15
I know I'm in a diff building (Alexandra Works) but sometimes we have the same problem with the internet...I know its shared between 30 or so people but if you pay for something you generally expect to use it.

Funny that over the weekend the internet connection was awful, as soon as the helplines opened Monday morning it was fine, and has been great ever since - I wonder what'll happen at 5:30 on Friday..
Reply 16
im moving into disco heights for this year,when can we get keys and move in etc?in room 301 anyone got bebo?
Reply 17
301!! :d
Reply 18
Hey i have just applied for a flat 503.
What flat has everyone else applied for?
i want to get to know people who are staying here :smile:
xx
Reply 19
Hey!! :smile:
Just got information about my accommodation and im stayin in Discovery Heights too! not sure what room yet though, but im on the 9th floor!! :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest