The Student Room Group

Music AC - Teachfirst

Is there anybody who has been to a music ac for teachfirst? I've passed the first stage and just wanted some guidance about this because I'm nervous and I don't know anyone who has done it!

How long were the pieces you prepared?
What kind of standard?
I have no singing experience, what kind of song should I sing?
Should I play classical or will this damage my chances?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CM19
Is there anybody who has been to a music ac for teachfirst? I've passed the first stage and just wanted some guidance about this because I'm nervous and I don't know anyone who has done it!

How long were the pieces you prepared?
What kind of standard?
I have no singing experience, what kind of song should I sing?
Should I play classical or will this damage my chances?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bumping this thread for you. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Motorbiker
Bumping this thread for you. :smile:

Thanks, but it looks like no one can help me anyway :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
With the singing I suspect they're looking for your ability to communicate the music accurately in a way that can be understood in terms of rhythm and melody.

I've no experience of the specific process you're going through but as a non singer who has been asked to sing in other situations (grade exams and a bit of music tuition) this is what has been applicable to me.

Look at the rockschool list of graded vocal pieces and see if anything there inspires you, perhaps around the grade five area to choose something of reasonable challenge and it's stuff that pupils should hopefully recognise and engage with.

Good luck
Reply 4
Original post by laurakate1988
With the singing I suspect they're looking for your ability to communicate the music accurately in a way that can be understood in terms of rhythm and melody.

I've no experience of the specific process you're going through but as a non singer who has been asked to sing in other situations (grade exams and a bit of music tuition) this is what has been applicable to me.

Look at the rockschool list of graded vocal pieces and see if anything there inspires you, perhaps around the grade five area to choose something of reasonable challenge and it's stuff that pupils should hopefully recognise and engage with.

Good luck

Thanks I'll check that out ... I think I'm most nervous about the singing aspect!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending