London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
www.gumtree.com maybe for flatshares
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Loafer
Btw, where exactly is Canada Water on the map, do you have a postcode or anything?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Canada+Water,+London&ie=UTF8&z=13&ll=51.498168,-0.050222&spn=0.096607,0.23243&om=1
Reply 22
Gumtree.com has some very good deals. Are there any scammers on there? A lot of the prices seem too good to be true. Also does anyone know exactly how minutes it takes from Canada Water tube station to waterloo station?
Reply 24
8 mins, jubilee line.

:smile: Thanks buddy.
Lauren18
Maybe true as a general rule but our flat is £75/week per person (+bills) and is in Zone 1, Lambeth - 10 mins walk to Waterloo. You have to look around and go for a flat probably, perhaps making some compromises on location and decoration etc if you want to keep the price down. Good luck!

North Lambeth is cool, that's a great price you've got on that place. :smile:
Reply 26
Loafer
WOW! Really?! Im definitely not willing to pay more than £150 max. I guess now I just pray I DO get offered another place in KCL accomodations, or it'll be Peckham for me :redface: . Im also thinking of giving Unite Housings a ring, might get lucky with them.

You should ring them ASAP, their website says they have some availability and if you use google maps you will be able to see where it is.
Reply 27
kirstinx
You should ring them ASAP, their website says they have some availability and if you use google maps you will be able to see where it is.

I recall someone on TSR saying they did ring up but were told that the website needs updating, aparently all places except station court are sold out. But yeah ill be giving them a ring on Tuesday just to hear it for myself.
Reply 28
BTW kirstin how did you do in your as levels?
I found my flat on http://www.intolondon.com/flatshare-london/.

I'd recommend to write your own ad. Just write what you're looking for, add a picture and people will contact you. Worked for me. :smile:
OP, you're going to struggle finding a place in central for £150 if you're on your own. It's a decent sized budget if you can get 2 or more people together so my advice is get some flatmates, otherwise you're fighting a losing battle.

We managed to find a 4 bed next to battersea park (zone 1, vauxhall); walking distance to uni; for less than half your budget- a mere £72.50 p/w each.
Before that we found plenty of other properties for similar prices (between £70-85 p/w) albeit slightly further afield- manor house, finsbury park, tuffnell park, oval, e&c.
so with a £150 budget and some flatmates, you'd be laughing.
Reply 31
kidney thief
OP, you're going to struggle finding a place in central for £150 if you're on your own. It's a decent sized budget if you can get 2 or more people together so my advice is get some flatmates, otherwise you're fighting a losing battle.

We managed to find a 4 bed next to battersea park (zone 1, vauxhall); walking distance to uni; for less than half your budget- a mere £72.50 p/w each.
Before that we found plenty of other properties for similar prices (between £70-85 p/w) albeit slightly further afield- manor house, finsbury park, tuffnell park, oval, e&c.
so with a £150 budget and some flatmates, you'd be laughing.

Yeah, cheers mate.

I was contacted today by some estate agents in central London. Cheapest rooms they had were £75-£100 in Walworth. That was flatshare with some random people I dont know. What do you know about the area around elephant & castle? Could I possibly walk 2 my law lectures from Walworth area? Whats the public transport like around there?
You could, but it would be a long walk.

Personally, I don't like Elephant and Castle/Walworth Road at all.
Yeah, even Peckham's better than the Walworth road in my opinion! I think the best thing you could probably do is to arrange as many viewings as possible in one day with either estate agents, or private letters. Then you could come down from Manchester for the day and get everything done. It'll be very exhausting but I would do it as soon as possible. My friends and I started looking about 3 weeks ago and a lot of places were already gone. It's kind of slim pickings round about this time.
Reply 34
Thanks for your opinions.

What exactly is SO bad about the Walworth area?

Yeah, sometime next week im going to come down and have a look around all the accommodations. My biggest problem is, even if I find a room I really like I still wont get it straight away as I still have some hope KCL will offer me another place.
Loafer
Thanks for your opinions.

What exactly is SO bad about the Walworth area?

Unlike some areas which are cheap to live, it's not particularly happening in terms of students or young professionals... compare it to Clapham, Islington, Camden...

That said, the Ministry of Sound is there... It's not a bad place, but there are better clubs.
I just hate the Walworth road. It's (especially) dirty and it's got crap shops on it. Even the regular chain shops feel crapper than the other ones.

Latest