The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Scroll to see replies

MrBing
Would it be the same for EU students?

Slightly more for EU (just slightly).

Sorry, I should be clearer though. International = Anywhere outside of Britain and the EU. Check the websites, International students pay a much higher "university composition fee".

mussy1234
Arent the prices for postgrad courses the same for International and Home Students at Oxbridge?

See above.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Platocrates
To apply common sense:

Your university = You have an excellent chance

Thus, what matters now are: Your final classification, what subject you actually want to study at Oxbridge, what your future aims are and your references.

I forgot to add the quality of your written work, which is definitely important in distinguishing between the plethora of similar candidates.
Reply 22
Platocrates
Slightly more for EU (just slightly).

Sorry, I should be clearer though. International = Anywhere outside of Britain and the EU. Check the websites, International students pay a much higher "university composition fee".

See above.

I know that there's a difference between EU students and international. But it is always interesting to know that there's always a possibility of being accepted into Oxford if one performs good during the next 3 years :biggrin:
Reply 23
pharmakos
It's not that difficult to get in postgrad programmes at Ox or Cam, especially if you're an overseas students (aka "cash cows").

Agree. Being an overseas student, I got a MSc offer from Oxford. In my case, I haven't studied for almost four years. Given my background, I think I may pay the tuition fee and be expelled... ARRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr:eek:
Reply 24
Lassitude
Agree. Being an overseas student, I got a MSc offer from Oxford. In my case, I haven't studied for almost four years. Given my background, I think I may pay the tuition fee and be expelled... ARRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr:eek:

May I ask what type of grades u got from uni? 1:st or 2:1 with work experience and good academic references?
Reply 25
Sure. I got 1st in Mathematics from a Hong Kong's university, the Chinese University of Hong Kong.

Alas, 4 years not so relevant work experience, being an instructor in a selling educational service company, though I taught a course related to Statistics. Most importantly, it dawns on me that these 4 years have ruined me mentally and physically; however, its drawback can only be significantly felt now.

Yes, I think I got 3 good references, but I sincerely hope that I can complete the degree.
Reply 26
Chinese university of Hong Kong is of course respected internationally. Congraduation! I studied in HKU in the last two years. As far as I know, many of the HKU, HKUST, CUHK and even City university of Hong Kong students who got a 1st or 2:1 manage to get into LSE and Oxbridge. That may be explained by the significantly lower percentage of 2:1 and maybe 1st. Usually, less than 1/3 students get a 2:1 or higher.
Reply 27
Dear MrBing,

May I know that if you're a graduate student? :smile:

MrBing
May I ask what type of grades u got from uni? 1:st or 2:1 with work experience and good academic references?

Latest

Trending

Trending