The Student Room Group

Any movies that changed you or your view of life?

None for me so far, I've seen a lot to, anyone know any good ones that will change your view on life, or change you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Original post by Zeroic
None for me so far, I've seen a lot to, anyone know any good ones that will change your view on life, or change you?

Almost every touching WW2 film, House of Flying Daggers and... this didn't change any views but it inspired me, The Internship
Reply 3
Original post by xmertic
Almost every touching WW2 film, House of Flying Daggers and... this didn't change any views but it inspired me, The Internship

i find films about ww2 boring, i liked the internship though, google seems very cool
Not really. Books have though.
Reply 5
Original post by Zeroic
i find films about ww2 boring, i liked the internship though, google seems very cool

I'm not talking about simple war films, I'm on about holocaust films etc.
Original post by Zeroic

Full Metal Jacket

Brazil - very disturbing.

Films don't generally affect me as much as books do, though. :smile:
Fight Club changed the way that I saw how things are organised politically. I had to study it for my A-Level Film Studies, and it's shockingly in-depth. I wouldn't follow through with the things that are mentioned, of course, but it certainly opened my eyes.
Reply 8
Horror films have taught me not to ask who's there and if I hear anything not to go down to the ****ing basement
Reply 9
Original post by xmertic
I'm not talking about simple war films, I'm on about holocaust films etc.

ohh ill check some out
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Full Metal Jacket

Brazil - very disturbing.

Films don't generally affect me as much as books do, though. :smile:
ill check out brazil and fmj
Original post by Zeroic
ohh ill check some out
ill check out brazil and fmj

Full Metal Jacket is a classic. Again, horrifying. But you'll realise that it's referenced everywhere.
The matrix.

Saving Private Ryan.

Matrix because it opened my eyes that what we see as reality may not be such. Saving Private Ryan because I was a naive teen who thought the world was kind...lol...it got me to read history and see life as it is, not how I think it should be.
I would say the Matrix too. It hasn't 'changed' my life but it has made me think more about what is 'reality' and such. I remember thinking how awesome it was when I first watched it. :cool:
Reply 13
Cloud atlas and Pan's Labyrinth
I recommend watching both
Rise/dawn of the planet apes, more so the Rise.

Shows how humans basically do what the **** we want and destroy animals life's for our own benefit.

probably loads of other films, like fighting films or sport films, but can't think
Reply 15
Any super hero movies really. They make me aspire to greater things and drive me.

Other films have as well but they are harder to explain.
(edited 9 years ago)
Mr Nobody.

One of the best films I have seen in a long time. It changed the way that I think about choices we have to make in life. It is seriously eye opening and beautifully done.
Not really, books though :yep:
the runaways. excellent film made me want to learn to play the guitar. its also realistic about drugs instead of glamorizing them.
The Perks of Being a Wallflower (also the book) :^_^:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending