The Student Room Group

Stop wearing glasses get lenses. You don't look good in glasses.

Why do people in this day and age still insist on wearing glasses? I ditched mine ages ago for a spanky and shiny pair of lenses and I haven't looked back since.

My head feels lighter and the bridge of my nose is no longer being impacted by the weight of the lenses inside the frames. No longer would you have to worry about the lesnes being stained or the annoying feeling when they keep sliding down your nose. Urgghhh so annoying

Do some people think they look good in glasses? :lol:

Or are they nonintellectuals trying to look smart.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
the black big glasses looks nice, especially on some people
I guess contact lenses are more expensive in the long term and tend to dry my eyes out if I wear them all day, everyday. I love contacts and I wished they invented some that I would never have to take off since surgery is a no-go for me.

But until then, it's a rotation between contacts and glasses. Mainly contacts because I HATE glasses.
Reply 3
Well I partially agree, though some people do actually look good in glasses if they've got a stylish frame. Personally I would wear lenses all the time if it wasn't for allergies, so unfortunately until I find a way of curing the allergies, I'm stuck with glasses which I hate.
I love my glasses :puppyeyes: got a thick black and red frame.
Original post by Armin.
Why do people in this day and age still insist on wearing glasses? I ditched mine ages ago for a spanky and shiny pair of lenses and I haven't looked back since.

My head feels lighter and the bridge of my nose is no longer being raped by the weight of the lenses inside the frames. No longer would you have to worry about the lesnes being stained or the annoying feeling when they keep sliding down your nose. Urgghhh so annoying

Do some people think they look good in glasses? :lol:

Or are they nonintellectuals trying to look smart.

I've worn glasses all my life, as soon as i popped out :biggrin:

So my head is kinda moulded to the shape of glasses sitting on my face and it look wierd when i dont wear them :emo:
I strongly suspect that I would poke myself in the eyes if I had contacts. Or leave them in overnight and end up with them glued to my eyeballs. I'll stick with nice safe glasses thank you very much.
Reply 7
Why are your posts so aggressive? A lot of people suit glasses and look great wearing them.
Reply 8
Original post by DeceitfulDove
I love my glasses :puppyeyes: got a thick black and red frame.

Those are the worst kind. I've got my raybans as a safety measure if I lose my lenses but I never wear them they're too in your face.

Original post by Leftee
Why are your posts so aggressive? A lot of people suit glasses and look great wearing them.

What?

I think it's a backhanded compliment when someone says you look better in glasses. I wouldn't take this as a good thing. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by ProppaNutty
I've worn glasses all my life, as soon as i popped out :biggrin:

So my head is kinda moulded to the shape of glasses sitting on my face and it look wierd when i dont wear them :emo:

:hugs:
Reply 10
I wear glasses and bought contact lenses yet i cant put tem in my bloody eye..it takes me an hour just to get the flipping lense near my eye-i keep blinking when i put it in my eye...I got dry eyes
I only started wearing mine a year ago, and only need them for lectures and stuff. I wear mine because they look good on me (if I may say so myself), and it is not to my fancy to poke plastic things onto my eyeball, which is part of the body that freaks me out.
I like the intelligent look :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Glasses look nice on some people.

I wear contacts but still sometimes wear glasses. Why are you rude to everyone on here?
Original post by Armin.
Those are the worst kind. I've got my raybans as a safety measure if I lose my lenses but I never wear them they're too in your face.

What?

I think it's a backhanded compliment when someone says you look better in glasses. I wouldn't take this as a good thing. :smile:

I got the thcik large frames to hide my face...which seems counter intuitive because they're quite attention grabbing sometimes. People definitely look good in glasses though. I feel weird without them.
Reply 15
I wore lenses all the time until a couple of years ago, when one scratched my eye by accident leading to a huge infection that basically left me near blind for two weeks. A week of needing medicine every 20 minutes, 24 hours a day and longer of hospital visits and a tube of what amounted to putting grease in my eyes so blinking didn't **** up the healing part made me think wearing my glasses wasn't so bad after all.

I wear lenses sometimes now but glasses don't bother me nearly as much as they used to. A lot of people look great in them. Myself included :cool:
(edited 9 years ago)
I've always been more attracted to guys who wear glasses. I think they look good :smile:
Just because you looked hideous in glasses does not mean that everybody else looks just as ugly in glasses.
My glasses suit me and I love them. I would never wear those awful contact lens things. Just no. Plus I'm more attracted to fellow glasses-wearers.
Original post by Vero_
I wore lenses all the time until a couple of years ago, when one scratched my eye by accident leading to a huge infection that basically left me near blind for two weeks. A week of needing medicine every 20 minutes, 24 hours a day and longer of hospital visits and a tube of what amounted to putting grease in my eyes so blinking didn't **** up the healing part made me think wearing my glasses wasn't so bad after all.

I wear lenses sometimes now but glasses don't bother me nearly as much as they used to. A lot of people look great in them. Myself included :cool:

^ This is why I don't wear contact lenses. Glasses are, by comparison, almost risk free :h:
(edited 9 years ago)
I used to wear contacts a lot but for some reason it really stings when I put it in my left eye - I can actually feel the lens, this never used to happen. Until I have an appointment at SpecSavers again I am stuck with glasses :frown:

Latest