The Student Room Group

When people talk on trains

Does it annoy you?

I always do this, I try to talk to anyone and everyone. But if no one wants to talk to me, I'll start taking on the phone. :tongue:

I don't talk to people if they're listening to music or I can tell by their body language that they don't want to talk, that's just rude imo.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I like it. It means I can listen in on the conversation and be entertained. :ninja:
No and if it did I'd be a hypocrite
Trains are awful in every way. Random people talking at me just makes it worse. When I get a 'talker' I just tend to wait until the next stop, pretend I'm getting off and just move down a bit.
Reply 4
Original post by 8472
I like it. It means I can listen in on the conversation and be entertained. :ninja:

this :biggrin:
Original post by ryan9900
Trains are awful in every way. Random people talking at me just makes it worse. When I get a 'talker' I just tend to wait until the next stop, pretend I'm getting off and just move down a bit.

This is exactly what I do
But if their too talkative I'll just leave halfway between stops

Talking on trains and especially phone conversations on trains are extremely annoying. It's just unnecessary

Posted from TSR Mobile
im like a really friendly guy but i get suspicious when people talk to me because they are obnoxiously threatening. when i was akid upto age 16 i was always very talkative and thought sying things like "rainbows" spontaneously was hilariously funny. ahh those where the days.
Original post by ollier4
This is exactly what I do
But if their too talkative I'll just leave halfway between stops

Talking on trains and especially phone conversations on trains are extremely annoying. It's just unnecessary

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's intolerable. Phone conversations are the worst. It's like people can't go without talking on a phone for an hour. So annoying.
Reply 8
I dont mind people talking to eachother as long as they are behaving in a civilised manner.

I also dont mind anyone engaging me in conversation as long as they are not talking ****e.

Most people are civilised but unfortunately you do get some scum on trains.

Take for example the 09.20 Virgin Manchester to London on Saturday 12th July.

Wouldnt you just know it. We took up our reserved seats and barely 10 minutes later the scum moved in just across from us. What appeared to be a pair of bag rats, caned out of their heads and glugging cheap cider, both with gobs on them shooting their drunken mouths off. I was strongly driven to smack one of them but i decided we would move elsewhere and inform the train manager.

We moved up a couple of carriages and guess what..only 10 minutes later a couple of rows up we were treated to the band of teenage scousers who were clearly elated that they had been let out for the day and were bobbing up and down like meerkats, swigging drink and performing. Why do scousers think they are so entertaining and why do they talk a foreign language? Why does every other word end in ..er and WTF did BOSS come from?

Anyway somewhere south of Milton Keynes i decided it was time for a pee. Joy of joys what did i see? In the doorway close to the toilet was a male collapsed in a state of severe distress. Who was it? why if my eyes did not deceive me it was female bagrats partner, a grown man weeping and wailing.

Why? Because miss bagrat had snook off the train at MK (their final destination) and neglected to tell him this was their stop ! She must have blagged him that she was going to the loo ( for a toot). They had had a lovers tiff..

Its not nice to see a grown man wailing like a child. It saddens me to witness people like this going through the torture of existence and also i feel sad that it is essentially true that the good strong genes and the real men of this country were sacrificed on the fields of Ypres so that the likes of these two could be born free.

Dear oh dear..where will it all end?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Depends if they're speaking English or not. If somebody is having a conversation in a public place and they're speaking a different language then it really frustrates me. For all I know they could be talking about me...
Listen to all you miserable and anti social brits

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
The worst people on the train are those business types that think they are important enough to take a second seat for their bag.
Do you mean when people talk on their phones on trains or when they talk to me? If it's the former, then it's fine but can be annoying if they're loud. If the latter - if someone smiles/says hello etc I'll smile back and respond but I'd rather be left to my own devices :redface:
Reply 13
I'm that guy who talks to all the strangers.

Sometimes I play guitar.

I'm not even kidding, if I take my guitar on a long journey and I know I'll be on the train for an hour, and if there's space, I'll quietly play guitar and gradually play louder and people sing along. It's quite fun actually :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by jacobt96
Depends if they're speaking English or not. If somebody is having a conversation in a public place and they're speaking a different language then it really frustrates me. For all I know they could be talking about me...

They are talking about you, all of them. Each and every single person speaking in a foreign language. Especially in France, you're the hot topic in France.
Original post by 8472

You're always first to reply on my threads. :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by The vampire
You're always first to reply on my threads. :smile:

I would be first to reply to any thread. It is just that most threads aren't worthy of a reply. :ahee:
Original post by 8472
I would be first to reply to any thread. It is just that most threads aren't worthy of a reply. :ahee:

But mine is worthy:yeah:
Reply 18
Original post by The vampire
But mine is worthy:yeah:

Exactly!
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
I'm that guy who talks to all the strangers.

Sometimes I play guitar.

I'm not even kidding, if I take my guitar on a long journey and I know I'll be on the train for an hour, and if there's space, I'll quietly play guitar and gradually play louder and people sing along. It's quite fun actually :biggrin:

Where does one get such confidence from :puppyeyes:

Quick Reply

Latest