Incomplete closing of the neural tube

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also the time
Reply 4
Original post by tim3
X

You could have a look here for more info :h:

What causes spina bifida?

During the first month of life, an embryo (developing baby) grows a structure called the neural tube that will eventually form the spine and nervous system.
In cases of spina bifida, something goes wrong and the spinal column (the bone that surrounds and protects the nerves) does not fully close. Spina bifida is also known as split spine.
The exact causes are unknown, but several risk factors have been identified, the most significant being a lack of folic acid before and at the very start of pregnancy.
Reply 5
Original post by Neuth
You could have a look here for more info :h:

I meant to start a discussion... No need to get so moody

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by tim3
I meant to start a discussion... No need to get so moody

Posted from TSR Mobile

You posted a question in Study Help, I answered your question...
Sorry for trying to help you :erm:

I'm hardly going to get "so moody" after answering a question, am I?
I don't know where you've got that from :lol:
Reply 7
Original post by Neuth
You posted a question in Study Help, I answered your question...
Sorry for trying to help you :erm:

I'm hardly going to get "so moody" after answering a question, am I?
I don't know where you've got that from :lol:

*u cud have got it from here part*...... I interpreted it as moody.... Anyway I thought this discussion can go further. I already know the answer and I thought we can stimulate discussion.
Answer incomplete closure of posterior neuropore and it closes at day 27 during gestation. Incomplete closing of this pore causes spina bifida we can start talking about its prognosis and treatment and other related ideas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by tim3
*u cud have got it from here part*...... I interpreted it as moody.... Anyway I thought this discussion can go further. I already know the answer and I thought we can stimulate discussion.
Answer incomplete closure of posterior neuropore and it closes at day 27 during gestation. Incomplete closing of this pore causes spina bifida we can start talking about its prognosis and treatment and other related ideas.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As you posted in study help, I presumed, not so surprisingly, that you did actually want help :sigh:
Original post by tim3
I already know the answer and I thought we can stimulate discussion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for sharing your expertise with us. If you wish to start a discussion, you'd be well advised to not be snarky to people trying to help with what appears to be a request for help. No need to be rude to the people who volunteer their time trying to help people on this site.
Reply 10
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Thank you for sharing your expertise with us. If you wish to start a discussion, you'd be well advised to not be snarky to people trying to help with what appears to be a request for help. No need to be rude to the people who volunteer their time trying to help people on this site.

I apologize.
I read it in a hurry and and I missed a few words. I must certainly apologize to you as my hasty reading and has made judge completely wrong.
I will take my comments down ofcourse.
Reply 11
Original post by Neuth
As you posted in study help, I presumed, not so surprisingly, that you did actually want help :sigh:

No no Thank you so much for helping. I misjudged and its one of my faulty characters that I do not read or listen carefully .
I must apologize to you. :colondollar:
Really really sorry.
I re read what you have wrote and it was really cool. We can start with more questions if you want. :biggrin:
:happy2:
Reply 12
Plus this might be a wrong forum to post this question? I am a medical student if you guys are in uni and doing neuroscience degree or doings meds or related subject we can start talking about :smile:
Again I feel like an idiot and I would like to apologize again.
Reply 13
Original post by tim3
No no Thank you so much for helping. I misjudged and its one of my faulty characters that I do not read or listen carefully .
I must apologize to you. :colondollar:
Really really sorry.
I re read what you have wrote and it was really cool. We can start with more questions if you want. :biggrin:
:happy2:

As a Study Helper, my job is to respond to people who post questions in the Study Help forum, so I'm sorry that you misunderstood my intentions. I wasn't trying to belittle your knowledge of the topic at all, but rather to help a confused student out. In my opinion, by posting in the Study Help forum you are clearly wanting 'help' with your studying, hence posting there - people wanting a discussion would have probably posted in the subject forums instead (and being a member since 2011, I thought you'd know your way around the site). I realise now that you aren't a confused student at all, but you must realise that when a user posts a question and then a volunteer gives up their time to help them out and solve their question, it's a little bit rude to accuse them of being moody, and therefore hurts a little. At the end of the day, regardless of whether you mean to be rude or not, when someone posts something like I did, you've got to realise that they're clearly trying to help you - clicking on a post, reading it and creating a nice reply with hyperlinks and quotes isn't something that takes 2 seconds, so it should be obvious that I'm trying to be thoughtful... I have no idea how that could even be misinterpreted as moody, but, well... meh.

Apology accepted.
Reply 14
Original post by tim3
Plus this might be a wrong forum to post this question? I am a medical student if you guys are in uni and doing neuroscience degree or doings meds or related subject we can start talking about :smile:
Again I feel like an idiot and I would like to apologize again.

Here is a link to the Medicine Forum.
Reply 15
Original post by Neuth
As a Study Helper, my job is to respond to people who post questions in the Study Help forum, so I'm sorry that you misunderstood my intentions. I wasn't trying to belittle your knowledge of the topic at all, but rather to help a confused student out. In my opinion, by posting in the Study Help forum you are clearly wanting 'help' with your studying, hence posting there - people wanting a discussion would have probably posted in the subject forums instead (and being a member since 2011, I thought you'd know your way around the site). I realise now that you aren't a confused student at all, but you must realise that when a user posts a question and then a volunteer gives up their time to help them out and solve their question, it's a little bit rude to accuse them of being moody, and therefore hurts a little. At the end of the day, regardless of whether you mean to be rude or not, when someone posts something like I did, you've got to realise that they're clearly trying to help you - clicking on a post, reading it and creating a nice reply with hyperlinks and quotes isn't something that takes 2 seconds, so it should be obvious that I'm trying to be thoughtful... I have no idea how that could even be misinterpreted as moody, but, well... meh.

Apology accepted.

Certainly you are right! And no I didnt think it was posted in study forum.
True there are misunderstandings here and I realize that. Thanks for your advice :smile:
So should I get help to transfer this discussion elsewhere or should I just like delete this one and start a new one?
Reply 16
Original post by tim3
Certainly you are right! And no I didnt think it was posted in study forum.
True there are misunderstandings here and I realize that. Thanks for your advice :smile:
So should I get help to transfer this discussion elsewhere or should I just like delete this one and start a new one?

I'll ask a Mod to move the thread to Medicine, so you can leave this thread as it is and they'll move it there for you.
Reply 17
Original post by Neuth
I'll ask a Mod to move the thread to Medicine, so you can leave this thread as it is and they'll move it there for you.

Thank you so much and I like your pro pic ( well its not a pic and I really dont what to call it :colondollar: ) Its cute :smile:
Original post by tim3
I apologize.
I read it in a hurry and and I missed a few words. I must certainly apologize to you as my hasty reading and has made judge completely wrong.
I will take my comments down ofcourse.

Apologies help make everything better. :smile:

We have a current medical students forum if you follow the link that Neuth gave you!
Reply 19
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Apologies help make everything better. :smile:

We have a current medical students forum if you follow the link that Neuth gave you!

It certainly does but I would not like to repeat this stupid mistake .:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending