The Student Room Group

How many hours a week are you working over summer?

How many hours on average are you working this summer? At the moment it is anywhere between 35 and 45 for me.

Scroll to see replies

40 and each and every single one of them is absolute hell.
Reply 2
Original post by Dr DaMan

where do you work?
10/12-15/16. I work nights.
Between 30 and 40 depending on the shifts i get!! Cant complain as im part time getting full time hours!:biggrin:
45-50
Reply 7
12-24 hours. Enough for me to make some decent money before going back to uni, plus the wage is decent.
It varies for me as I'm on a zero hour contract :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr DaMan

The working conditions in Amazon factories seem not dissimilar to something out of a dystopian novel. This is the sad reality of our time.
20-25 a week - but KPing 5 hours at a time is not nice, its a large restaurant and i've only just started.
its bloody brutal.
20 but with a pretty good rate of pay for the work. I've worked full-time every summer for about 6 years now, so I'm happy to have a more relaxing one, earn some cash, get a head start on work for next year :smile:
35, sat at my desk making pretty excel tables and Googling :mmm:
40+ basically doing overtime almost every day. Once did 60 hours a week :ahhhhh:
Original post by alone-in-kyoto
The working conditions in Amazon factories seem not dissimilar to something out of a dystopian novel. This is the sad reality of our time.

It's absolutely horrendous, I could go on a full blown rant but I'd be here all day.

All I'll say is God help those there permanently.
Probably around 16 - 20 a week.
15 a week, but that's the usual for me even in term time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
20 but it's good pay

Quick Reply

Latest