The Student Room Group
Reply 1
v2006
Question in the title

According to http://www.gradeinfo.co.uk/ (accuracy of which is dubious):

Approximately 130,000 people take the AS/A Level Examinations every year. A percentile score shows how many of those people you beat in terms of your overall GCSE performance.

Your percentile is 74.86%. This means that you outperformed around 97300 people in these exams. It also means that you stand at around place 32700 out of all 130,000 students. Finally, it means that only around 1 in every 4 students taking AS/A Level have your level of ability and above.
According to the Government, it's around 10% of people who take A-levels. Of all the people who started Secondary school with you aged 11, it's 3%.
That's why I don't understand all the fuss about A-grades - the press only seems to focus on the fact that in some subjects 25% or more get As.
Reply 3
I read today in the newspaper that 8% of pupils at state sixth forms/colleges get 3 A's and 20-odd% of pupils at private sixth forms. But that was talking about A Levels, rather than AS. :rolleyes:
Reply 4
Yeah, for alevels about 3% of our age group achieved 3A's and more,overall it was 8%.
Reply 5
yorkshirelass
According to the Government, it's around 10% of people who take A-levels. As.

THATS AT A2! If you type in 3As (at A2) and 1A (at AS) you get 91.2. Which is just under 10%. (Maybe some people get AAAb/AAAc etc.)
Reply 6
yeh i got aaac and was wondering where i stand
Reply 7
v2006
yeh i got aaac /QUOTE]
same here..so where does that put us!
Reply 8
ooo me too, AAAc. lol
and aaac for AS

Latest