The Student Room Group

Race - I know what you will say but...

Is race of your boyfriend/girlfriend an important factor to you? Everyone will say it isn't, but deep down it must be in your mind?

I don't mean it in a racist way, but everyone has their preferences

Scroll to see replies

For me personally, it is more about religion than race as an important factor. However, like many people I do have preferences. I'm mostly attracted to mixed race (black and white) guys and Caribbean guys but I've met a fair few of white British guys I've found attractive and East Asian guys. I'm not really attracted to South Asian guys but that's just me. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Is race of your boyfriend/girlfriend an important factor to you? Everyone will say it isn't, but deep down it must be in your mind?

It doesn't matter to me really. Though I'm not going to lie, I am attracted to some races over others. It's just personal preference and I don't think that's racist. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

yes, it can be.

To say different is being too PC.
People have racial preferences. I don't personally but It's understandable.
It doesn't matter to me at all. Okay, they have to be human, i lied.
Reply 6
No. There are attractive women in all races
Of course it is. For me I prefer white and Asian. That's not racist that's just the way it is.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
how can it not matter? many people have racial preferences. if we can choose hair colour, or boob size, or height, or hip size, we can choose race.
The race of my boyfriend doesn't matter to me I prefer 100m myself but if he likes 800 'tis fine by me :yep:

Seriously though it doesn't matter, I've only been attracted to black and white guys before but I'm not ruling other races out :smile:
Original post by kimolozen
how can it not matter? many people have racial preferences. if we can choose hair colour, or boob size, or height, or hip size, we can choose race.

Boob size, height, hip size and height are independent of race. That's why.
Original post by Another
Boob size, height, hip size and height are independent of race. That's why.

......but they're all ways we choose dates/partners. it's as legitimate as all of those points.
I do have racial preferences, yes. For example, I'd prefer a latino/a over an inuit, but only as a guideline.
Race doesn't matter to me at all, nor culture.. I just don't like orange folk:indiff:
(edited 9 years ago)
......but they're all ways we choose dates/partners. it's as legitimate as all of those points.

To be fair, I don't choose partners based on eye colour, height, muscle mass or hair colour either. I'm just honestly not bothered. Imo, they're all as illegitimate as each other.
Reply 15
South Asian > Latina/Arab

Not attracted to any others
Original post by Another
To be fair, I don't choose partners based on eye colour, height, muscle mass or hair colour either. I'm just honestly not bothered. Imo, they're all as illegitimate as each other.

good for you....just saying they are often factors. whether you think differently, meh..who cares, i'm not bothered.
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
Of course it is. For me I prefer white and Asian. That's not racist that's just the way it is.

I don't get why having a racial preference is wrong....nobody gives a **** about brunette or blonde preferences...:cool:
Original post by getfunky!
Race doesn't matter to me at all, nor culture.. I just don't like orange folk:indiff:

The Oompa lumpas have informed me they are extremely offended by this statement.
I don't get why having a racial preference is wrong....nobody gives a **** about brunette or blonde preferences...:cool:

It's only wrong when it's because you give a reason like "I don't like black people" I have personally only ever been attracted to lighter skinned people however it doesn't mean I don't find darker skinned people attractive or dislike them I'm just not attracted to it myself and that's usually because of other characteristics like lack of blue eyes and blonde hair and stuff rather than the skin. I'm actually mixed myself so it's odd really.

Quick Reply

Latest