The Student Room Group

Anyone here want to bring a vinyl player to uni?

Am I the only one that want to do such crazy thing?
my objective is to decorate my room and have a 60s feel of it.
(edited 9 years ago)
It's hardly crazy, just remember that you won't have loads of space (when you're travelling or when you're living there), so it might not really be the best idea.
You'll also be running the risk of flatmates thinking you're a bit of a knob, bringing it for attention etc
Wow. So wild.
I'd consider it if I owned one (rather than using my dad's) and had more vinyls to play.
Just make sure you play some classics on it and keep it down at night!
No matter how good your taste in music is, your housemates won't appreciate you playing early 1970s progressive rock at full volume at 3am!
Reply 4
Maybe you should wait until after Christmas, with all the stress and emotions involved in moving to Uni your new flatmates might not be able to handle something so crazy!
Reply 5
Nah but a gramophone seems cooler

Look at it :daydreaming:
Oh the nostalgia of vinyls! I can't imagine how heavy it'll be to lug around your vinyls all the way to uni! lol.
Original post by IcEmAn911
Oh the nostalgia of vinyls! I can't imagine how heavy it'll be to lug around your vinyls all the way to uni! lol.

I havearound 20 LPs so not a lot. But I have over 300+ CDs on my laptop.
Original post by Manitude
I'd consider it if I owned one (rather than using my dad's) and had more vinyls to play.
Just make sure you play some classics on it and keep it down at night!
No matter how good your taste in music is, your housemates won't appreciate you playing early 1970s progressive rock at full volume at 3am!

I use headphones so I won't bother people.
Original post by Wilsoncw1997
I use headphones so I won't bother people.

Go for it then, but be prepared for people to dismiss you as a hipster, which may or may not be the case, but it will almost certainly happen.
Original post by Manitude
Go for it then, but be prepared for people to dismiss you as a hipster, which may or may not be the case, but it will almost certainly happen.

But i have goolge glass(yes I do really have it and I paid 1500 for it :cry2: )so hipster still?
Original post by Wilsoncw1997
But i have goolge glass(yes I do really have it and I paid 1500 for it :cry2: )so hipster still?

Yes.
listen to some coltrane
#hipster

Quick Reply

Latest