The Student Room Group

Is it strange that I'm 18 and have never been in a relationship?

Thread title ^

Do people think its strange? I just never have but really want to be :frown: last time I was somewhat friendly with a girl was Year 7. I'm really hoping it will change at Uni though.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChrisLay1
Thread title ^

Do people think its strange? I just never have but really want to be :frown: last time I was somewhat friendly with a girl was Year 7. I'm really hoping it will change at Uni though.

Nope not strange at all. I have a few friends, girls mostly, who are 18 and haven't been in a relationship and one slightly older. They're counting on university too. :smile: I'm sure there'll be a lot girls waiting for you at uni. :wink:
Original post by Wonderer1
Nope not strange at all. I have a few friends, girls mostly, who are 18 and haven't been in a relationship and one slightly older. They're counting on university too. :smile: I'm sure there'll be a lot girls waiting for you at uni. :wink:

Hope so haha. It sometimes gets me down that everyone else (mostly) is in a relationship and I'm not...
Reply 3
No, it's normal.
Hope so haha. It sometimes gets me down that everyone else (mostly) is in a relationship and I'm not...

Honestly it is fine. I've only had one serious relationship and I'm content with that. When you think about it, going out with something when you're like 16 and below... Well, I personally wouldn't even consider it a relationship since you're still just a kid/teenager. I think when you're thirty and haven't been in a relationship then be worried. You still have a while to go. :biggrin: I know how you feel, seeing other people coupling up does suck when you're single but just know that you'll find someone special soon enough and it'll be amazing. :biggrin:
Thread title ^

This is me, but as a girl :redface:
Same situation just I'm 19 instead lets hope uni is as good as they say!
Just type the title of the thread into Google and you'll find THOUSANDS of people in the same situation as you. It's fine.
I'm older than you and have never been in a relationship, I'll be 40 and still never in a relationship
It's fine to be like that. Many people around secondary school will be having relationships but are rarely sreious about them. I knew a girl who went through boyfriends at a rate of about one per week, and the reason she gave for dumping one was because he tried to kiss her. She really didn't know.

Don't focus on a romantic relationship, focus on good friends. That'll be where you find someone good for you, where you're more likely to honestly trust and respect each other, and THAT'S what you need in a relationship. I'm 19, I've only had one relationship, but I'd been really good friends with the guy for a couple of years before we realised that maybe hooking up was a good idea. I ended up breaking it off because A) I was leaving the country and we likely wouldn't see each other again, and B) the poor guy had pretty much fallen in love with me, but I didn't actually recipocate.

Just make good friends first. Chances are things will just go from there.
I got into my first relationship at 18 and it happened naturally, I never went out of my way to get into one for the sake of it.

There's NOTHING strange about it, don't get into a relationship for the sake of it.
Reply 11
Common. I also think there is quite some merit in losing your virginity a little bit older. Sexually frustrating times, mind. Get sharking..
Thread title ^

I always think it's a bad thing when someone says they've been in lots of relationships, since they all failed didn't they. So, just look upon it as a good thing. Take as much time as you want.
I'm 18 and have never talked to a girl.

/debunked.
Thanks everyone
Reply 15
I remember when I was 15, my friend laughed at me for telling her I've never had a boyfriend. She had 4 by that time. I didn't take her seriously at all because really, at that age, you only want to be in a relationship to brag about having one. Don't worry, you'll get a girlfriend soon and this could be at any time.
Reply 16
Thread title ^

Not that unusual, i'm 21 and never had a gf, i've had encounters with a couple of girls, but never had a girlfriend
Reply 17
Original post by Ndella
I remember when I was 15, my friend laughed at me for telling her I've never had a boyfriend. She had 4 by that time. I didn't take her seriously at all because really, at that age, you only want to be in a relationship to brag about having one. Don't worry, you'll get a girlfriend soon and this could be at any time.

Hmm I bet she now has a child and every std under the sun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by james1211
Hmm I bet she now has a child and every std under the sun.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol nah she doesn't. I know someone else like that though. She's 18 with twins -_-
Thread title ^

same here ive never been in a relationship XD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending