The Student Room Group

Could I Be Prevented From Graduating, If I Failed To Pay The Accommodation Arrears?

I had to stay back in university because I had resits to do. My accommodation contract ended in May. So I had to pay for my accommodation short stay in advance. I had until the 18th of July to stay. I over stayed for a week, because the removal company were messing me around. The accommodation office did contact me, to tell me to send an application form if I intend to stay for longer. I couldn't get back to them, because I had no money at that time. They haven't contact me since then. Would they prevent me from graduating because of this?
Original post by princess pokey
I had to stay back in university because I had resits to do. My accommodation contract ended in May. So I had to pay for my accommodation short stay in advance. I had until the 18th of July to stay. I over stayed for a week, because the removal company were messing me around. The accommodation office did contact me, to tell me to send an application form if I intend to stay for longer. I couldn't get back to them, because I had no money at that time. They haven't contact me since then. Would they prevent me from graduating because of this?

I'm not sure. Call up your uni and find out would be the best bet.

Which uni is this?
Reply 2
I do know some universities can prevent you from graduating if you have unpaid fees like library late fees / tuition fees. Not too sure on accommodation matters but maybe.
Most universities do prevent you from graduating if you have an outstanding debt with them - it's the only hold they really have over you.
Yes is the answer
if it's not a big amount and not in contention then why not pay it ?
Reply 6
Hoe were the removers messing you arround? It might be worth persuing them for the extra accommodation fees if they directly caused your overstay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by princess pokey

I know someone who almost couldn't graduate because of a 3 quid fine library fine. They are in their rights to do so sadly.
I did repay all of the debt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending