The Student Room Group

Could I apply to KCL for dentistry with this application?

SGs: 11111111
Highers: (I haven't got them yet and there might be one or two Bs, but let's hypothetically say five As)
UKCAT: 643 (Band 1)

Writing is generally my forte and I have a tonne of work experience (a year in a dental practice, dental lab, dental hygienist, surgery) and volunteering (in a hospital for a year, first aid) and really good extra curriculars. I'm confident I could write a good PS.

Would KCL consider me? Everyone says they're a UKCAT-heavy university but from their website, they seem to make it clear that there's no cut off, that applications are read thoroughly before interviews are given and that exam results can make up for a bad UKCAT score (and vice-versa).

Do I stand a chance, or am I wasting my time? I love KCL and its location.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by AspiringMedic8
SGs: 11111111
Highers: (I haven't got them yet and there might be one or two Bs, but let's hypothetically say five As)
UKCAT: 643 (Band 1)

Writing is generally my forte and I have a tonne of work experience (a year in a dental practice, dental lab, dental hygienist, surgery) and volunteering (in a hospital for a year, first aid) and really good extra curriculars. I'm confident I could write a good PS.

Would KCL consider me? Everyone says they're a UKCAT-heavy university but from their website, they seem to make it clear that there's no cut off, that applications are read thoroughly before interviews are given and that exam results can make up for a bad UKCAT score (and vice-versa).

Do I stand a chance, or am I wasting my time? I love KCL and its location.

Thank you :smile:

I got 630 in UKCAT, got an interview at KCL. My AS levels were AABB, and my GCSE sucked. Still got offer for dentistry.

You'll be fine, unless the competition for Dentistry increased dramatically in one year.
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
I got 630 in UKCAT, got an interview at KCL. My AS levels were AABB, and my GCSE sucked. Still got offer for dentistry.

You'll be fine, unless the competition for Dentistry increased dramatically in one year.

Wow, that's great news! Thanks! Was this for 2014 entry? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AspiringMedic8
Wow, that's great news! Thanks! Was this for 2014 entry? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

2013/2014 academic year.

Quick Reply

Latest