The Student Room Group

Ladies, would you date a guy just because he's a footballer?

So I have this guy I know, I've known him for over a year after he added me on Facebook last year, he flirted with me and arranged to meet up the day after I met him online. I had never heard of him until he added me on Facebook.
He recently signed a professional contract with a Premier League team, we have an odd relationship, we're not FWB but we've had sex once, he thinks I'm a tease because I flirt with him but whenever he asks to meet up, I usually make up excuses because I don't want him but I like being chased by him. Today he wanted me to go over to his place so we could 'chill' and I said there are lots of girls who would sleep with him so I don't know why he even bothers with me.

He's got qualities I want in a guy, he's driven and he's determined to make a name for himself in football but he can be a bit of a dick plus I don't know if I even like him. He's just got back up north for pre-season but I suspect he has a girlfriend back home.

Would you date a footballer because of all the financial perks that comes with it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
why not? I'm not female, but it stands to reason that some would.
Reply 2
Original post by saarah_
So I have this guy I know, I've known him for over a year after he added me on Facebook last year, he flirted with me and arranged to meet up the day after I met him online. I had never heard of him until he added me on Facebook.
He recently signed a professional contract with a Premier League team, we have an odd relationship, we're not FWB but we've had sex once, he thinks I'm a tease because I flirt with him but whenever he asks to meet up, I usually make up excuses because I don't want him but I like being chased by him. Today he wanted me to go over to his place so we could 'chill' and I said there are lots of girls who would sleep with him so I don't know why he even bothers with me.

He's got qualities I want in a guy, he's driven and he's determined to make a name for himself in football but he can be a bit of a dick plus I don't know if I even like him. He's just got back up north for pre-season but I suspect he has a girlfriend back home.

Would you date a footballer because of all the financial perks that comes with it?

My brother's mate's son's postman's taxidermist's brother plays for the Grimsby under 18's don't you know.. Not name dropping just thought I'd mention if it'd grab your attention..
Reply 3
I genuinely can't decide if this is a serious question or not.
Reply 4
Original post by Tom78
My brother's mate's son's postman's taxidermist's brother plays for the Grimsby under 18's don't you know.. Not name dropping just thought I'd mention if it'd grab your attention..

Lol, that's nice to know but I'm not a minor.
Reply 5
Original post by saarah_
Lol, that's nice to know but I'm not a minor.

I was, until Thatcher came along..
Reply 6
Original post by CJKay
I genuinely can't decide if this is a serious question or not.

Would you date a guy who plays football because he earns a lot of money or not?
Reply 7
You can either be PC, or date him. it's your choice.
Reply 8
Original post by Tom78
I was, until Thatcher came along..

That was funny:tongue:
Fulham FC made me sign a contract before I left to France .... Haters gona hate.
Reply 10
Original post by kimolozen
You can either be PC, or date him. it's your choice.

What's PC?
Reply 11
Quite a lot of women would actually date a footballer just for his money, like Adnan Januzaj and that 25 year-old he took to Nando's.
Reply 12
Original post by saarah_
That was funny:tongue:

2nd attempt hey :wink:
Yes, of course they would.
Reply 14
Original post by saarah_
Would you date a guy who plays football because he earns a lot of money or not?

I wouldn't date a guy full stop.
Reply 15
Original post by CJKay
I wouldn't date a guy full stop.

If you were female, lol.. I know you're a guy.
I know a guy who plays for a team, we've never been really close even though I've known him since year 7. We talked etc and then he left for college, but still kept in contact and is flirty every now and then and he asked me out but tbh I've never been attracted to him so the fact that he's a footballer didn't make me want to automatically date him. Although i know a girl who went out with who did just that :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by saarah_
What's PC?

Politically correct. No I wouldn't go out with someone just because he was a footballer. I did once go on a date with someone who played for a lower division local team when I was 18 but it was because he seemed ok when I met him prior to the date.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I wouldn't tbh. When i was 16 i dated someone who was on the verge of signing for a champship club before injury ruined his career. I was with him for two years and was going to marry him...well after his i jury. I loved him as a person and i i still do no matter what! People at my college wanted to date him cos of his football tut tut
I would not want to date a footballer. Maybe someone who played football at a really low level but not anyone major since they always seem to be cheating on their girlfriends. I'd probably be super paranoid just because of the reputation footballers have.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest